Thread: LC 1-Pad review

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m posting these pics for NY Detailer..... these are of a `34 Ford he did, I`ll let him post up details....

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    continued.....

nice work if I do say so myself!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a 1934 ford, with a corvette engine & tranny

the owner loved the job i did.

dont mind the PC on the floor as i was thowing out the foam pad right after the pix were done. ==

i will get better pix to post them.

Post Thanks / Like

LC 1-Pad review

A while back a few of us were fortunate enough to receive a freebie 1-Pad system from PAC in exchange for a review. (Thanks again, Jack!) I`ve been remiss in keeping my end of the bargain primarily because I haven`t had anything that required use of the rotary. Having acquired a Flex PE-14 recently I figured I could kill two stones with one bird... umm, or something like that. :tongue:

I recently swapped trucks for a newer model just off a 3-year lease. The finish was marred with swirls and rub marks and in some places looked like it had been driven through the woods with brush rubbing against it. Many wouldn`t consider buying something like this appeared but I knew I could fix what ailed it. The fact that the vehicle included an additional year of factory warranty and the price was WAAAY right made the deal a no-brainer.

I primarily used this opportunity to give the new Meg`s MF System a workout and it passed with flying colors. On some of the worst areas it was going to take multiple passes and some serious pressure to correct so that`s where I pulled out the rotary and 1-pads.

A bit backwards but some conclusions first. I was less than impressed with the pads. From the LC info:

"The 1-Pad polishing pads are 1/2-inch thick CCS Technology foam. This means less product absorption and less product sling."

I`m not understanding this... if the product isn`t absorbing it`s sitting on the pad surface. And sling is exactly what I got! I couldn`t seem to prime the orange pad sparsely enough to avoid having M105 flying all over the garage! X_X Similar results with polish on the white pad. I was simply unable to work the product into the pads. Once you got to work the cushioning of the pads was nice, the curved pads added to ease of use, the results were OK but I questioned if it was worth the effort to try and make them work for me.

Now some upside... the 1-Pad backing plate is primo! It`s flexibility makes it a pleasure to work with, especially around curved body edges. The matching contour of the pads and BP make centering a done deal. I swapped on the only 7" Compressor pad I had laying around and was pleased with the performance, especially the ease of use. It also worked well with PFW and although the pads aren`t contoured for the BP the pliable PFW draped nicely around the edge once I started working product as did the Compressor to some degree.

As surmised by many, I think this system was designed with a high volume body or detail shop in mind where washing and cleaning pads takes time and increases overhead. I gave the orange pad a ride through the washer and it`s density and stiffness was noticeably diminshed. I think anyone trying to get extra mileage out of these pads by washing and reusing them will experience serious degradation of performance. But in a shop where time is money and cleaning pads is a drawback these could be just the ticket. Just not my cup o` tea.

If you use a rotary with 7" pads this backing plate is worth the price of admission! It`s flexibiliy while still providing a solid platform works exceptionally well. On a contoured pad the easy centering is a bonus.

Thanks again to Jack & Co. for giving me the opportunity to use these products, especially for a backing plate I hope to be using for many years to come. :clap:

TL

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review TL! I think its the first review I`ve seen on this product. Excellent work :clap:

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the honest feed back!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Thanks for the review TL! I think its the first review I`ve seen on this product. Excellent work :clap:
    I think so. It may indicate market (the usual ones we know about) interest in the product but then again no one here discusses Detail King, Malco, etc.
    Al

Made in USA

Thread Information