Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Spent a great afternoon detailing my a AC Cobra with my son. Haven`t had a chance to order my Blackfire yet but I`m driving the Cobra in a St Paddy`s Day in Hermosa Beach, CA next Saturday.

Used Dawn for the first thing today and was very impressed.

Had already clayed the car last weekend.

Took out my #7 Mirror Glaze and went to work. After completing #7, took out the #26 wax and put on a coat of that.

Same out great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great. will do something similar when the weather warms up..

Dawn, Clay. Swirl remover (may do this twice), Machine Glaze #3

maybe twice, then Souvran, I still have #26, but on Wild-Berry souvran looks great...

jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by JeffBruce [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`> I still have #26, but on Wild-Berry souvran looks great...
    jeff [/b]</blockquote>
    Souveran looks great on pretty much any color! Even white
    I use it on everything.
    2000 Mustang V6/5-Speed
    2002 PT Cruiser Limited

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes...it sure does....can`t wait for group buy thats coming soon...I have Klasse on my Van and that looks great....thats charcol Black.

jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll post a couple pics of the Cobra this evening when I get home. i thought I had attached one to the original post but it must have gone to computer heaven.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great..my sons only two....all he can do is play in the suds and get

mommy mad at me...but maybe in a few years..

pictures are a big plus for this forums....I like to see what my car should look like..

jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    JeffBruce -

Do you have any photos of Wild-Berry paint that you can post? That sounds great.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will once a get good weather and detail...Yeah it looks good its

I have some oozidation/swirls i want...if i can get them on a before picture i will do a before and after

jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    SteveMoriarty:

By any chance, were you in the Brentwood area Sunday afternoon? Even in Los Angeles, you really don`t get too many chances to see many AC Cobras and I saw one that afternoon that looked just like KERMIT. Same rims, same color and immaculately detailed!

Post Thanks / Like
    That was I, I mean KERMIT. We took it down to Pacific Palisades for some photos for a car show on June 2nd. Glad you liked it. Nice drive to and back home to Pomona. a great day to drive KERMIT. The only interesting thing about the morning was during the photo shoot one of the areas trees decided it was time to baptize KERMIT with tree sap. Not to bad, and also gave me a chance to use Dawn during the afternoon session.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! What a car. I was totally blown away by it. Even my wife was impressed (which is saying a lot).

I now have my first official confirmed sighting of a fellow Autopian.

Post Thanks / Like
    Way to go Intermezzo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the kind comments. I`m really pleased that your wife liked it. My wife loves KERMIT but it isn`t something she likes to ride in all the time. She was in the car at Willow Springs when I made the 3.68 second 0-60 run. She now wants soemthing a little different for the next car. Thats why our next project car will have a roof [GT-40 or Daytona Coupe]. She can`t drive KERMIT, her legs will phyiscally not reach the pedals. THe car is a total blast to drive but at 1894 lbs with 415 HP it is not something that can handled lightly. What were you fine people driving when the SIGHTING happened. Most people tell me they can hear KERMIT before they see KERMIT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually we saw your car while we were on the sidewalk. My wife and I were having a late lunch with some friends at Taiko Sobadakoro in the Brentwood Gardens plaza on San Vicente (there`s also a CPK, Daily Grill and a bunch of clothing stores). We`d finished lunch and were just sorta window shopping in the area. I saw KERMIT stopped at the light on the intersection of San Vicente and Barrington. There are a lot of nice cars in that area so I pretty much had my eye on the cars going by while my wife was checking out the Moschino displays. Right when I saw your car I wondered to myself if that was KERMIT! And yes, Kermit let out a very loud but nice growl when the light turned green!

415 hp at 1894 lbs....I just couldn`t imagine what that must feel like!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, If you can make it down to Hermosa Beach this Saturday KERMIT is one of the major cars in the St Patrick`s Day Parade [Gee, I wonder why?]. After the parade is finished I`ll take you for a ride if you like. The parade starts at 11AM but I have to be there and start lining up at 9AM.

I used to bring KERMIT down to Beverly Hills, and shop at die-cast car shop on Santa Monica Blvd. The owner used to let me park in his spot in fornt of the store. After he sold it the new owner told me I had to use the pay parking in the covered garage. Not a chance on that so I collect my 1/18th die-cast stuff from Prestige Hobbies. I used to spend alot of time in the San Vicente/Barrington area [ not normally in the Cobra] because my immediate boss lived on Barrington until the last layoff. Now I`m him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information