Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like the Brentwood area. Very nice place to hang out on a weekend.

Steve, that`s a very generous offer. I`ll definitely try to make it this weekend. I`ll PM you later in the week if I`m able to go.

Thank you very much.

Tony

Post Thanks / Like
    YOur more than welcome. Hope you can make it down.

Post Thanks / Like
    i live pretty close from where the siting was... i agree that brentwood`s a great place to just relax on the weekends. by the reaction from tony, sounds like your car is in mint condition. can`t wait to see some pics. :bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    KERMIT is a replica Cobra built by myself and a friend in 90 days. I road race the car alot but I try and maintain the paintjob and the car to car show quality. It`s a weekly and sometimes daily battle, especially after a full weekend of racing, but it all works out and I really enjoy. I`m really very happy that Tony thought it looked good. The color is 97 Polo Green.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by SteveMoriarty [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>
    Took out my #7 Mirror Glaze and went to work. After completing #7, took out the #26 wax and put on a coat of that.
    Same out great. [/b]</blockquote>
    I`ve gotten some great results with that combo, but on most cars I need to use some pre-cleaning and/or swirl and oxidation removing. But on good, clean paint, the #7/#26 combo can look great!!
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like

Question I am a Newbie and I have a question..........

regarding an orbital Polisher. What is the best type of pad to use and should different pads be used for different cars.

Any good advice that you could give me regarding the best way to operate the orbital polisher successfully.

What is the best pad to use for faded painting? Does a corvette require any sort of special pad? I do know that ZAINO is the Only wax that I would use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Question: Why are you stuck on Zaino?
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Question: What pad does Zaino recommend?

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh boy, this one`s a doozie...
    Connor Harrison

Inspection -> Correction -> Protection

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alweeja View Post
    regarding an orbital Polisher. What is the best type of pad to use and should different pads be used for different cars.

Any good advice that you could give me regarding the best way to operate the orbital polisher successfully.

What is the best pad to use for faded painting? Does a corvette require any sort of special pad? I do know that ZAINO is the Only wax that I would use.
    I think the reason folks are reluctant to answer is that your question is very broad. I will quickly take a stab at your questions/statement as I see them.

1. What is the best type of pad? Not sure there is a "best" but a common very good pad is Lake Country. They come in a variety of sizes and densities for any job you have. PAC has a great page describing each of them.

2. Should different pads be used for different cars? Maybe, but not necessarily. The answer is just to big. The type of polishing you are doing and the polish you are using will dictate, not the car necessarily.

3. Good advice to operate an orbital polisher. Keep the pad slightly moist. Use as little product as possible. Be patient, make sure you work the product long enough. Practice, practice, practice. Orbitals have a high tolerance for newbees. Don`t be afraid to try a few things and see what works.

4. Best pad for faded paint? Wow, need more information. You could get away with either an orange cutting pad or a white polishing pad. It really just depends.

5. Does a Corvette require any special pad? Nope

6. Only Zaino! Why? There are many good products. Don`t limit yourself. Try a few and see what works. Trial and error (unless you are working on a Bugatti, then call StreetDreams)

I know these answers are general. But, so are your questions. Each of these topics can be discussed at great length.

Give PAC a call.

:White Horse:
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gloss View Post
    Question: What pad does Zaino recommend?
    Zaino actually does not recomend using a Machine to apply there polish, Sal will tell you you will gain no benefit using a machine to apply, let alone a Rotary.

I also use to be a Zaino only guy, and I specialize in Corvettes, but now I use other products that perform just as good.

Zaino just doesn`t work out economically for the business.

As stated by others check out other products, theres plenty, I would name what I use , but then that would open up a whole new subject here and turn your post into a product war.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

***1996 DRM LT4 11k original miles****
    2010 NCCC Concours 1st place C4 modified, scored 98.5/100.

G&K Paint Correction Team

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizzano View Post
    Sal will tell you you will gain no benefit using a machine to apply, let alone a Rotary.
    Seriously!?
    Connor Harrison

Inspection -> Correction -> Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information