Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll be going to Omaha next week. Any suggestions as to where I can find good MF towels in Omaha? Can it be found in places like Younkers & Dillards?

Also, are there any zaino distributors in Omaha where I can get some zfx?

Thanks in advance.

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    You might have a better chance of meeting someone from Autopia that lives in Omaha.

I`m surprised you can`t a hold of a good microfiber. I heard in some parts of Asia that they use them in bathhouses and stuff, very interesting.
    Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

Post Thanks / Like
    If you go to YoSteve.com web site, because he`s ahving a birthday I think he turns 100......He is having a special but it is thru the internet. They have been regarded as the top 2 MF out in the Detailing Land....I hope to buy some if there are any left. The special starts tomorrow and last for 2 more days.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by sing-toledo [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I`ll be going to Omaha next week. Any suggestions as to where I can find good MF towels in Omaha? Can it be found in places like Younkers & Dillards?[/b]</blockquote>sing-toledo,

Welcome to Autopia! I`ve not seen quality MFs in any of the mainstream department stores, yet (at least none that I would use for my paint). However, Hi-Temp (automotive chemical supply, bulk stuff mostly for pros) carries some . . . I called, and they said that they are 16"x16", 70/30% blend for $1.89 each. Unfortunately, the low price leads me to believe that they`re not the best quality. I saw the MFs at Hi-Temp this summer, but I was there to pick up foam pads, and really didn`t pay attention to the quality, just that they had them.

When will you be in town? I can try to make it over to their shop and check them out before then (for $1.89, if they`re quality at all, I may stock up!).<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<strong class=`bbc`>Also, are there any zaino distributors in Omaha where I can get some zfx?[/b]</blockquote>Yep . . . I`ll PM you the contact information for the distributor that I use. I`ll check around a couple of other places that might carry MFs, as well; if I find anything, I`ll let you know. Worst case: if we can`t find any MF towels suitable for paint for sale in Omaha, I can sell you some of my relatively-new neatitems towels that I got from a recent group purchase. I`m going to get some from the next group buy, too, so I can always increase my order in that one to make up for any you might take.

We`ll get you some good towels one way or another . . .

Safe trip,
    Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    TORT is a true autopian!!!

From Singapore to Omaha...WOW...I hope you sleep on the plane.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve tried most of the MF towels on the market including the ones sold at Walmart, about 2 for $4.50 with a 70/30 blend. They are decent but leave a fair amount of lint, especially on windows. The best by far are from neatitems.com. They are 70/30 and the thickest MF towels I`ve ever seen. The shipping is free, fast, and you can select from a number of sizes and colors.
    Best wishes, Mel

02 Mag Red Corvette Coupe

Post Thanks / Like

Flex PE14-2 rotary video (new)

Didn`t go to SEMA, but saw this cool looking new Flex in several postings. Found a YouTube video is admins will allow

*LINK REMOVED*
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    When I get my rotary, this is the one for me. It`s only 5.5 lbs.:thumbup:
    I have no idea what the price will be though.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Mike Phillips said AG will sell it around $400, so not a cheap one by any means but not the most expensive either Barry

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a video located at the A/G website on this new Flex.
    It looks to be more ergonomically shaped for your hands, and the pad lock button is located off the head of the buffer to a more safer place, for those that like to use their hands on the head of the buffer, sans side handle.
    Supposed to have different gears that are more durable and quieter, and bigger fans for cooling intenal parts.
    I want to see what my Boat Detailer expert says about it; he routinely kills all the big name buffers every boating season.

Dan F

Here is the info --

FLEX PE14-2-150 Rotary Polisher
    Technical Specifications:

Backing plate diameter max 6 inches
    polishing pad diameter max 8 inches
    Speed without load 600-2100 rpm
    Power input 10 Amp/1400 watt
    Power output 800 watt
    Tool fixture 5/8 inch
    Length 15.75 inches
    Height 4.7 inches
    Weight 5.6 lbs.
    Cord 13 feet

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by grungy View Post
    I think Mike Phillips said AG will sell it around $400, so not a cheap one by any means but not the most expensive either Barry
    Ouch!!!
    I guess this is going to have to wait a while.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    I would still put the Makita 9227 up against it any day, and half the price !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, we dont know how much it will cost, being a Geman made product, it would seem that it would have to cost more than a Makita.

I have the Makita 9227C as well, and other than repairing a shorted neutral wire in the handle end, its been trouble free.

The Flex appears to be more ergonomic than the Makita, and having used both Flex 3401 VRG, and my Flex L3403VRG, I would have to say that Flex has a better shaped body that is easier to hold and use, and they are lighter.

I really dont need to buy another machine, but if its that good for my particular needs, I would definitely give it a look-see.

I like to have sufficient machine-power available, and back up power.
    But that`s just me..

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    I love my Makita, but after trying this thing at SEMA I must say I really want it! :Christmas Hat:
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    is this flex better than festool?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information