Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can`t say yet but I doubt it. I`ve used Makita before and I`m sure Makita works better but as far as I know and all the reviews I`ve read about this one... is a good deal, specially when I bought this for $69.99 and $10 S/H and that compared to Makita, there`s a difference in price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can anyone tell me what buffer pad can I use on it? I`ve been looking for the Meguiars Soft Buff and I`ve found 8" Velcro Pads and there`s the Soft Buff 2.0 but it doesn`t say is velcro, so I don`t know if that fits in it, also, they are 7" and my backing plate is 7" diameter. Help please

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucian View Post
    Can anyone tell me what buffer pad can I use on it? I`ve been looking for the Meguiars Soft Buff and I`ve found 8" Velcro Pads and there`s the Soft Buff 2.0 but it doesn`t say is velcro, so I don`t know if that fits in it, also, they are 7" and my backing plate is 7" diameter. Help please
    Do you have any other buffers and pads? If you do get a different backing plate that will allow you to use those pads. I did that with my 3401 and my hitachi rotary. I bought the Megs w66 backing plate for the rotary to allow me to use 6.5 pads with both my flex and rotary. It has saved me money and the smaller pads are much easier to use with a rotary IME

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the Megs w66 Velcro? Can I use Velcro Pads with it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the Megs w66 Velcro? Can I use Velcro Pads with it?
    Yes it is Velcro and you can use any 6.5 pad that has a Velcro backing or the 7in kompressor pads

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok... you practcally convinced me, hehehe. Now, would you give me an advise on wich 3 Kompressor pads should I get?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok... you practcally convinced me, hehehe. Now, would you give me an advise on wich 3 Kompressor pads should I get?
    Well it depends on what your are trying to do with it... are you using it for a compounding step or a polish, an AIO or Jewling....?
    It really depends on your intended application of it. And unless you only want to use it for one use (compounding, polishing, etc) You will need more than 3 pads

Post Thanks / Like
    ok, let me rephrase that... wich 3 do you recommend first? I want them mostly for compounding and Polishing. For waxing I will get a different machine and pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    ok, let me rephrase that... wich 3 do you recommend first? I want them mostly for compounding and Polishing. For waxing I will get a different machine and pads.
    I would probably get either orange or white or a combo. You will need more than three pads to compound AND polish with that machine... unless you plan on doing it one panel at a time. but to just answer the question I would probably get 2 orang and one white but that is not an ideal situation

Post Thanks / Like
    When I used to work in the Auto Detailing shop, I used only one Pad to Compound the whole car (The Meguiars Soft Buff Red). Of course, I had to clean it then for a little bit but it did the job. That`s how they showed me to do it over there, after that I learned more and I saw they were making many mistakes but I don`t care about them anymore... bunch of *$&^#% who stole money from me.

I was thinking also in getting the orange, the white and the gold for the sealant cause I use the Meguiars Mirror Glaze Sealant in some special jobs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes you can do a whole car with one pad but its not best practice. Typically the pad gets gummed up with product and wont be as effective. I generally use atleast 3 pads per car per step. 3 is the minimum for myself and its more like 4-5 pads per step. This is why I have tons of pads and then when Im done I wash all of them thoroughly so they are fresh for the next correction.

I personally would not apply a lsp with a rotary, more chances to introduce buffer trails. I do somethimes apply a lsp with my da so maybe you should also look into picking up a da to go with your rotary

Maybe others will chime in on this but Im pretty sure if you are going for true correction you need more than 1 pad per step for a car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Later I will have many pads... but for now, I need the ones I can afford so I will start with orange, white and gold for finish. Thnx for everything

PS. You recommend the kompressor pads over Meguiar`s Mirror Glaze Pads?
    Trust me. Your car is in the best professional hands... "OHHHH SHINY":w00t:

Post Thanks / Like
    I have Lake Country flat, ccs, megs and the kompressor. I like the kompressor pads esp the polish pad. I also like the megs pads, frankly you cant go wrong with either of them, I am not overly in love with the ccs but that is my personal opinion and it isnt really that big of a deal.
    Long story short it doesnt really matter to me I use all of them

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I made my shopping for now and I started with Meguiar`s W66 "Easy-Buff" Backing Plate, then Kompressor Pads (Orange, White and Gold) for a start and of course 6 bottle dispensers wich will come in handy soon.
    Trust me. Your car is in the best professional hands... "OHHHH SHINY":w00t:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information