Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    David,

I`m sure it was this thread. However, I did edit it a few times and I must have made a mistake when reposting. Thanks for letting me know and my apologies to Hollie-Marie.

My original post was in response to Hollie Marie`s post criticizing DK`s post. Basically, I just wanted to make the point that DK didn`t just suddenly toss in the subject of Zaino. People prior to his post were talking about the shine of Zaino, so it would seem natural to post a picture of a Zaino`d car.

That`s all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Intermezzo...I dont know if you accidentally deleted your post or if someone else did, but you weren`t going crazy. I read your post before it disappeared.

And DK, I think you want to say you are trying to be OBJECTIVE, not SUBJECTIVE

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Milwaukee Buffer

Does anyone here have any experience with Milwaukee`s 11 amp buffer? It looks to be roughly equivelent to the Dewalt. I saw one marked @ $199 at OSH and the regular sales discounts should knock a little more off that. I`m leaning toward a Makita right now but seek opinions from the experts here. Weight is not an issue, ( I learned on a Sioux) but would like to know is the speed control user-friendly, etc... Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    HA, I learned on a Sioux as well. That thing must have weighed 650 lbs. I went to a Black and Decker and thought that was a toy by comparison.

I can`t offer much Milwaukee comments as I`ve never owned one and haven`t used on in years. I have owned/currently own DeWalt, Hitachi, Porter Cable, and Metabo, and have used a Makita. If I were buying a new rotary today, it would probably be a Makita. It does everything well.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I used a Milwaukee years ago and all that I remember was how heavy it was but you did say weight was not an issue.
    I guess that is you want to work out more and detail more in 2010 you can kill 2 birds with one stone type of thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Used a Milwaukee in the 80"s............ still have it storage somewhere and it had to be close to twenty pounds if not more. The Makita is a better direction to go in imho.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to TID 911Don, hope you got the answer your looking for.:thumbup:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the Milwaukee. makita sits too high and you will tilt the pad....just my opinion...yeah and I learned on a Sioux too! Been running Milwaukee since the 70`s. I use it for cutting & cleaning. Then I use a Dewalt for polishing....just always used 2 machines. learned on fixed rpms none of that fancy variable speed stuff!

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This one is from 01/2010, wonder which machine he got?
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

My milwaukee is prob 20(It did have a period of about 10 years rest though) years old now and still performs perfectly . No varible speed selector , just trigger . I dont know about the newer ones but this rotary machine of mine has been very reliable . I did have to replace the cord and thats it .Weighs 10 pounds Weightlifter

I hope it never dies!
    I will miss you TID! R.I.P !

Post Thanks / Like
    Im a Makita guy but the new Dewalt is looking very nice. Id put that up as an option if you were looking to buy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detailchick View Post
    My milwaukee is prob 20(It did have a period of about 10 years rest though) years old now and still performs perfectly . No varible speed selector , just trigger . I dont know about the newer ones but this rotary machine of mine has been very reliable . I did have to replace the cord and thats it .Weighs 10 pounds Weightlifter

I hope it never dies!
    So if you use this heavy Milwaukee to work with you must be pretty sexy buff lol

"You can help create your own luck, you can make things happen through hard work and intelligence."- Donald J. Trump

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ExoticAutodetail View Post
    So if you use this heavy Milwaukee to work with you must be pretty sexy buff lol

"You can help create your own luck, you can make things happen through hard work and intelligence."- Donald J. Trump
    Yes I am Exotic. Muscleman
    We need a female bodybuilder smilie! :judge:
    I will miss you TID! R.I.P !

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information