Post Thanks / Like

Cool Wave CCS Pads

Found a defect on my M Roadster while doing a waterless wash. This car pretty much stays clean, defect free, and lives in the garage. I was actually only wiping off the dust from the last time I washed it.

At first I was going to ignore it. But, being the rest of the car is pretty close to defect free AND I was itching to try the new CCS CW pads I won here, I decided to give it a spot polish.

Using the motto "least aggressive method first" (and the fact the defect was very shallow), I was hopping the blue CW pad (least aggressive) and SF 4500 was going to take care of it.

I assembled the products:

Eraser is in the spray bottle and the little bottle is PB Spray and Gloss. I wanted to use the Spray and Gloss as a QD to remove the polish residue, as the last thing I wanted to do was add a towel mark after removing a shallow defect. I`ve done that before, and its like chasing your tail. I then wanted to use Eraser to make sure the defect was gone.

Pad centered & ready to go:

I was a little concerned about using a 4" pad on a 3" BP, as it leaves a lot of pad that is not in contact with the plate. But, the next biggest BP I have is 4 & 7/8", so I decided to try it.

It worked really well. The CW pads buff really smooth and I like them better then the regular CCS pads. I was a little surprised this mild combo worked at removing any defects. But I checked it with Eraser and it was gone.

Defect gone:

After that I re-waxed the area with Fuzion, as that is what is on the rest of the car. Instead of using an applicator and having to clean it, I just use my fingers to apply the wax for small areas like this.

Wax on:

After:

Now for clean up. From past experience, I know SF 4500 cleans up pretty easy. So instead of using the big (expensive) boys:

to clean the pads, its much more economical to use some of the Wolfgang Polishing Pad Rejuvenator in a spray bottle. I mix it 1oz of powder to 1000 ml of water. This is enough to clean most polishes out of pads:

Pad clean, drying in a safe place:

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cool Wave CCS Pads

i like the quick fixes. looks great.

Post Thanks / Like

wow what a result..
    Lexus Rx300

Post Thanks / Like

Great pads and write up, one of my favorites

Thread Information