Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AG Caught RUPES?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by ski2 View Post
    Buffdaddy has been selling polishers and polishes for the last few months with I believe $5 shipping.
    Well he never had them listed on his website and from the people I asked no one was carrying the polishes in the US.

Oh well. I had to get some stuff that was not for sale here anyway.

In answer to your question about the 21 and 15, they both work the same (correction level) However, the 21 was designed more for body shops and larger flat panels. It makes quick work of big panels and the reason why I have both. However, I use the 15 95% of the time as I like the smaller pads as it is more intricate. It is also the machine RUPES designed for detailers as most vehicles don`t have very large panels on them. (thus the "detailing" logo on the 15)

So in the few months using them, I have noticed that the 21`s difference over the 15 is pure speed advantage. I know someone who knoced out a Lamborghini Murciélago in 1 1/2 hours with the 21.
    Thomas Kehlenbeck
    Aggressive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Reality--thanks for the input!! Yea, Kevin never had a chance to get them up on the website--you had to give him a call and he`d talk to you and answer as many questions as you had. Great guy!! Same thing if you want to buy the washer mod for the Rupes rather than make your own--give him a call.

So based on your info sounds like the 15 would be the choice for a weekend detailer just doing their own cars and a few others from time to time. Especially since I have a ton of 5.5" pads.

Post Thanks / Like

Reality--thanks for the input!! Yea, Kevin never had a chance to get them up on the website--you had to give him a call and he`d talk to you and answer as many questions as you had. Great guy!! Same thing if you want to buy the washer mod for the Rupes rather than make your own--give him a call.

So based on your info sounds like the 15 would be the choice for a weekend detailer just doing their own cars and a few others from time to time. Especially since I have a ton of 5.5" pads.
    Give KB a call to discuss. He sells the 5" backing plate that can go on the 21.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjlinane View Post
    12 month.

I also see a 3 yr Extended* if you register but don`t see the Bigfeet as options. Not sure if it is applicable to them.
    Thanks!
    Now the test of time will tell us if its a well built machine made to last.

Post Thanks / Like

You are absolutely welcome, and yes, you are correct. I would go with the 15. Fantastic machine that, you will love it.
    Thomas Kehlenbeck
    Aggressive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

I finally spent a few minutes playing with my Rupes 15. The backing plate fits 5.5 pads perfectly. The soft start may surprise some initially thinking the switch is defective. The sound is closer to the Flex but at speed 6 it has a higher pitch whine compared to the lower growly gear like sound of the flex. One could think it is a non-forced DA by Flex by the feel and engineering. The top mounted speed wheel is great. I still have to get the spacer washer.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information