Post Thanks / Like

Griots Garage 3" Polisher

I`ve been thinking about picking one of these up for a while now but just never have placed an order.

For those who have one or have used one do you think it`s worth the money? I have a 3.5" back plate for my PC that I use but the advantage I see with the GG is the ability to get into tighter areas. I would think the rotation the machine makes would be tighter or smaller than the PC too. I know it doesn`t have a lot of power so how much correcting could I expect from it?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots Garage 3" Polisher

i have the 6" and 3" gg da and really like both. i think you`ll have a better cut with the standard 3" backing plate it comes with. i`ve only used the griot`s 3" pads with it, but it cuts very well. unfortunately, there`s not a huge selection of 3" pads out there. definitely great for tight spots and mc`s.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    i have the 6" and 3" gg da and really like both. i think you`ll have a better cut with the standard 3" backing plate it comes with. i`ve only used the griot`s 3" pads with it, but it cuts very well. unfortunately, there`s not a huge selection of 3" pads out there. definitely great for tight spots and mc`s.
    Thanks Steve, I have been looking at this as well. What is MC`s? I have heard that MF pads work well with this unit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Thanks Steve, I have been looking at this as well. What is MC`s? I have heard that MF pads work well with this unit.
    sorry, that was short for motorcycles. your right about megs microfiber pads, i forgot that they do come in 3" pads. definitely need to try that out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    sorry, that was short for motorcycles. your right about megs microfiber pads, i forgot that they do come in 3" pads. definitely need to try that out.
    Thanks for the speedy reply.

Post Thanks / Like

If u have a compressor, Griots also makes a nice 3" pneumatic unit. Worth checking out.

Post Thanks / Like
    The compressor I have isn`t big enough to run any real tools off of.

I was worried that if I purchased the GG 3" I`d end up with a wax spreader and not a machine that could handle some corrections. I`d like to use it under spoilers and around tight areas on cars.

On my truck I can`t get my Flex or my PC down around the bottom where my step is at and on the TA I have to pull off the spoiler to get anything done under it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    The compressor I have isn`t big enough to run any real tools off of.

I was worried that if I purchased the GG 3" I`d end up with a wax spreader and not a machine that could handle some corrections. I`d like to use it under spoilers and around tight areas on cars.

On my truck I can`t get my Flex or my PC down around the bottom where my step is at and on the TA I have to pull off the spoiler to get anything done under it.
    the gg 3"da is good for tight areas and it does have power to correct, but is no where near as powerful as the flex, pc, megs, or gg 6" da. i really think that the smaller pad size helps to compensate for any lack of serious torque. i haven`t used it with the 3" megs microfiber pads yet, but i`ll bet that will help it cut even better. i use mine on a friend`s and my vivid black harley (scratches very easily) and it corrects fine.

Thread Information