Post Thanks / Like
    okay, so i`m new at this. when applying klasse you have to let it cure. so my question is this: to all of you who applied 5 coats of aio or sg or whatever the numbers and combinations, did you do the coats on successive days? weeks? like suppose i do two coats (1 aio 1 sg) over two days. should i not drive the car? if i do drive and it gets a little dust, etc, do i wash again prior to the second application? hmm, maybe someone could just post their detailed detail schedule? thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    You can apply the layers a day later, or a week, or a month it`s really up to you. You can drive the car between layers but the car must be clean before applying anymore product. There is a fine line when you are trying to determine to QD or wash. I have a little motto for this, "when in doubt, wash" :up
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    I do the first coat of AIO and SG on the same day. Then I just add another coat every time I wash the car. At least one a week. Sometimes when I was bored I would do 2 or 3 coats a week. You will have to wash it before you add another coat of SG though. Once you get the number of layers on then you can start doing your coats of carnuba or whatever you want to top it with.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Jngrbrdman [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I do the first coat of AIO and SG on the same day. [/b]</blockquote>

how long do i have to wait after applying aio before putting on the sg? also, is it worth having the pc to apply klasse? i am thinking about putting down the big bucks for a bunch of detailing products.

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    here`s a old post where I wrote some http://216.147.22.29/forum/showthrea...&threadid=5039
    Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by eugeneDC/TX [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>

how long do i have to wait after applying aio before putting on the sg? also, is it worth having the pc to apply klasse? i am thinking about putting down the big bucks for a bunch of detailing products. [/b]</blockquote>

Having a PC is definatly worth it for other products. It isn`t really neccessary for Klasse but it does help. You can put SG on right after AIO. AIO requires practicaly zero cure time. :up If you are going to spend some bucks then definatly make sure a PC is among the things you buy.

Post Thanks / Like
    I follow up with SG right after AIO. Haven’t heard anyone mention you should wait like you should between coats of SG.

The PC is awesome for polishes like Finnese-it 2 & AIO. For carnauba, SG..stuff like that I find it’s more trouble than it’s worth for setting it up and cleaning the pad after. I can buzz out a coat of SG with a foam applicator in a matter of minutes.

SJS

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I concur, SG is really easy to apply and remove if you have a nice clean, well prepped surface like using the PC with Finesse-It II or PPCL.

I have not seen any objective data anywhere that applying AIO before SG or adding coat after coat of SG really improves how long the shine lasts that much - but it`s not much point if you detail your car ever 4 months or less as one coat will last that long. I`m sure it helps somewhat but I would bet the law of diminishing returns applies in this case. If you read the instructions, Klasse even says the AIO isn`t necessary if you are using SG on a new, un-oxidized finish (my cars are 4 and 18 months old - older cars like 3 years and more may benefit from the AIO if the car is detailed 3 or less times a year). In addition, I definitely don`t think the AIO really does any good if you use a polish/cleaner beforehand anyway like Finesse-It II or PPCL.

Of course other opinions will differ but there is a web site (I forget the address) that did "The Wax Test" where they pretty methodically tested quite a few products. Zaino, P21S and Klasse all came out on top with not much difference in how long they lasted and they only applied one coat of Klasse if I remember.

It`s really easy to go overboard on this stuff, but if you are having fun and have the spare time, have at it.

Post Thanks / Like

M105/yel LC flat on 3401 not enough cut.

So like the title says M105 on a yellow LC flat 5.5 pad with my flex 3401 not cutting enough.Ive tried a lot of different things with this setup. Max speed small area a lot and i mean a lot of pressure working until the 105 gums up and then even a little spray of water to keep working longer. Repeating the same area multiple time. Pad was primed properly and three dime size of product was used from there on out. Pad was kept clean and its just not enough, so my questions is should i buy the LC purple foamed wool pad or something else?or any other suggestions. Thanks, and remember, keep it clean, and keep it shiny.

BFWD 4 Eva

Post Thanks / Like
    If the yellow isn`t doing it, step up to the PFW or a twisted ply wool and that should help.
    Jeff
    Immaculate Reflections Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    What are you trying to correct ?

Do you have access to a Rotary and know how to use it ?

The Lake Country Purple Foamed Wool will do wonders, but it`s best suited for a Rotary.

If all you have is the Flex 3401VRG Random Orbital, then you need to use the smallest size backing plate and the 5" pads, so you get more rotation.

The compounds you are using - Meguiars 105 also work great with a Rotary more than any other machine.

Hope you can get this figured out - where are you located - perhaps someone might live close to you and can offer a hand..

Good luck
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Time2shine View Post
    ...my questions is should i buy the LC purple foamed wool pad or something else?or any other suggestions.
    First time I used PFW I got rid of all my LC yellow. Cuts better, finishes nicer, cleans up well.

Haven`t been to Billtown for 20+ years. Is the Genetti still there?

TL

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe try SurBuf pads? Those seem to work good for me, just watch the edges.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TLMitchell View Post
    First time I used PFW I got rid of all my LC yellow. Cuts better, finishes nicer, cleans up well.

Haven`t been to Billtown for 20+ years. Is the Genetti still there?

TL
    Yep its still here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    What are you trying to correct ?

Do you have access to a Rotary and know how to use it ?

The Lake Country Purple Foamed Wool will do wonders, but it`s best suited for a Rotary.

If all you have is the Flex 3401VRG Random Orbital, then you need to use the smallest size backing plate and the 5" pads, so you get more rotation.

The compounds you are using - Meguiars 105 also work great with a Rotary more than any other machine.

Hope you can get this figured out - where are you located - perhaps someone might live close to you and can offer a hand..

Good luck
    Dan F

Im trying to correct my 08 Tacoma, the clear seems really hard. The 105 took about 65 to 70% of the swirls and light scratches away. It looks good enough for a DD. Im trying to slowly stock up on items i might need or can use for other corrections as im trying to get good enough to this as a side job or perhaps more in the future. No i do not currently have a rotary (its on the list) and have never used one but i could probably barrow one from a friend of a friend, but you know how stuff like that goes.

Thread Information