Thread: Pad size

Post Thanks / Like
    As of April 1st, the mayor in NY said we can no longer wash cars.

I called the DEP today, i was informed by them that if you are a registered business as a car wash & detailer, then we need to be able to provide a business certificate that we are a detailer.

Just before you run out with your hose, call for yourself to be sure. Dont want to get anyone in trouble.

I have also been through this before. I have ordered about 3 cases of QD so i will be able to cut down on somewater. I tried this before and the results were good. Nothing is as good as washing the car, but need to keep the customers happy.

I just take a bottle of QD spray down the car with hit, wipe away and then begin to detail. If the car is covered in mud, then i have to use the hose and wash the car.

If any one in NYC needs bottles of QD i can get them fast with a group buy.

Post Thanks / Like
    NYC,

Aftre living in Hoboken for a few years Iam aware how filthy vehicles get in the NY area. Are you not concerned that you will be scratching your customers vehicles? Since you don`t use a rotary how are you going to correct all the swirls you will be creating?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never swirled a vehicle in my life!

I only use this method when the have a ban on water. I used it the last time they had the ban and it worked fine. Most of the cars i do are in good condition and taken care.

You dont need a rotary to remove swirls, i have removed swirls with the PC. I do have a rotary and use it only when doing heavy compounding.

I have been detailing cars for a very long time, after a while it comes second nature and you now what you can do and can`t do.

Just so you know i charge more when we have a water shortage as i need to use a different method. $125.00 and up.

Post Thanks / Like
    NY

Maybe we are talking about 2 different things.I am not talking about the type of swirls caused by inexperienced butchers with rotaries. I am talking about swirls and scratches caused by machine washes and poor hand washing techniques.

Dirty car + QD = Swirls and Scratches

You might hide them with the PC, you might even reduce them by rounding off the edges of the scratches and swirls. But without using the rotary you can not remove them as the PC does not generate enough force or heat to accomplish the task.

Scottwax told us about a product that might be of interest to you as it only used 1 gal. of water for the entire process. Check the thread on Protectall. He uses a ton of towels to get the job done literally a fresh side of the towel for every wipe.

Post Thanks / Like

Pad size

Could having to big a pad cause my PC to bog down and not be as effective? Im using 6.5 pads..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CwpCasey View Post
    Could having to big a pad cause my PC to bog down and not be as effective? Im using 6.5 pads..
    Yes especially if you have the original 7424 (not XP).
    Al

Made in USA

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely. Try the 5.5" pads. You will see a big improvement. Another added bonus, is quicker and more effective results.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Yes especially if you have the original 7424 (not XP).
    :iagree:

I`ve got the original PC 7424 and switched to 5.5". I have a stash of 6.5" I am saving for my next upgrade. 5`5" work very well with what I have now.
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like
    makes it even more important to remember, polish a 2 ft square area or even slightly smaller.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if mine is the XP. I got it about a year ago now. But when I bought it the guy told me the only difference between the one I have and the XP at the time was the Xp had a longer cable. So IDK.... I do have 5.5 pads and I do notice a difference. I normally use my 6.5 pads on my Flex, but I dont really get the results with the Flex like I do the PC so I stick with it...

Thread Information