View Poll Results: Do you think people notice and respect the effort that we put into our cars?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not only do they notice, but they also drool when we drive by.

8 7.55%
  • Nah. They have no flippin clue. Ignorant as sheep.

27 25.47%
  • They notice and they respect, but they could care less.

43 40.57%
  • They notice, but no respect. And they couldn't care less.

28 26.42%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: about rotation

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, aside fromt he fact everyone CLOSE to me thinks I am insane no matter how good my car looks.

When it doesn`t rain and I get a nice clean day people notice and talk.

But even when it does rain and I was pumping gas at the gas station while the rain was blowing ALL OVER ME and I was soaked to the bone, a nice lady came up to me and said

"wow you must have alot of wax on that car to get it to bead so nicely"

then she got in her minivan and drove away, but that comment made me completly forget about how soaked I was for about 5 whole seconds!

B

Post Thanks / Like
    Almost two weeks ago I detailed my sister-in-laws mustang. This took me all day, now both my brother and my sister in-law keep telling me how good the car looks. They also think I am nuts for spending that kind of time detailing the car. I did the car back in back December and the car did not look this good. I need to do my car, that is why I detailed her car, so I could use the drive way and garage. My brother has an expedition, that has not been cleaned or detailed recently. Maybe I could use the truck as a rolling product test lab.

Most people do not notice. The people that have mentioned how clean or nice looking my car and the mustang are, are people who are anal or detail orientated or neat and clean or know the ampunt of time and work involved. I think it takes a special kind of person to appreciated this.

I do this for me, because it gives a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment.

Keep up the great work so we can see more pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by AlBoston

I...This one girl washing her brand new black corolla was using one of those green brooms to wash her car. She was using it on her tires and rims, then back onto the paint! I told her, did you know u just dragged everything you drive over onto your paint. She said, it doesn`t matter, im washing it all off anyway...

:shocked Haha - man, thats too much. I have two cars to care for, my wifes and mine. I spend all day detailing her car and she comes out to the garage and says "wow, shiny!" and leaves... :nixweiss She doesnt get it. I try to show her the difference but they dont see it. To most people the car looks just as good right after you wash it than when you wax it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually get more comments while I am working than finished. I love when neighbors come around and say "How does that work?" or "Where did you get that?" Some ask how much it costs. But all in all, they do notice when I am finished with the Maxima (or Navigator) and pay me compliments on my handiwork.

Now when it comes to people on the street, they look, but don`t really pay attention.

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I get both, so kinda hard to answer you. I had one person with a blazer which is 100% identical to mine say that hers "looks that good" after going thru the automatic car wash with their $12 job including the spray on blue coral wax. (note this was after I had 6 coats of Z5 on it)

on the other hand, I was at a buddy`s house in the firehawk and he told me it looked like a rolling water drop going down the road (saying thats how wet/reflective it looked)

so like I say, I have seen both ends of the spectrum. :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think the average person even cares...

for people that knows I`m a car nut, or those seeing me clean my car, at least they`ll take a second look and see the diff. But for the guys who don`t, they don`t really care. My officemates can notice that my car is shiny and all but it won`t stop them from laying their palms on the car while chatting, putting their bags on the roof, etc...

not a lot of people appreciate well detailed cars, only other detailing nuts like us truly appreciates and turns his/her head when a well detailed car is spotted.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely, but I`d do it for myself even if they didn`t.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    People notice but they can`t care less

Neighbors are absolutlely sure I`m nuts .. and yes I`m about keeping the cars looking good, besides it is my self-therapy time.

My friends do mention how shiny the cars look , and that does feel good.

The service guy at nissan does mention the Altima looks really good every time I take it in (even before Autopia) ... he has not seen it Klasse`d yet ...

Most people here would think I have a maid to take car of my cars ...

People look at me like I`m out of this world if they find out how much I have paid to get the fancy stuff I use to detail the cars.
    2007 Liberty

2002 Seat Leon Sport 20VT

1998 Jeep Cherokee

Post Thanks / Like
    I think anyone who details their car notices how nice and clean it is, but they could care less. The only thing I care about is how I feel.

-briancl

Post Thanks / Like
    Last weekend I detailed my car. I buffed out some minor scuff marks and put on a little Zaino.

Later that day I was home for lunch. When I walked out into the parking lot there were 5 of the neighborhood kids (first graders) standing beside the car laughing about how they could see their reflections on the side of the car. It looked like a funhouse mirror.

It made me a little nervous having all the kids around my car, but there`s no question that they noticed the shine. I`m sure a lot of grownups notice the shine too, they`re just not so free of inhibitions.

Post Thanks / Like
    A few notice, but no respect. And most couldn`t care less. What few have asked how I keep my cars looking good, had their eyes start glazing over when I mentioned how many steps it took. They figure on a one-step type product, once or twice a year. Not to mention those who have paid a new car dealer $400 for a "Simonize with Teflon" rip job.

In my sub, there are four or five of us that detail our cars - out of about 125 homes. Three of us have a PC. I was the first, and got the other two introduced to it. The rest of the people in this sub could give rats *** about keeping their cars looking good. They think I`m completely nuts.

I could care less what they think.

Post Thanks / Like
    No clue whatsoever.

1) One friend bought a brand new black Alero because he thought they looked awesome in black. He took care of it for a few months and now it`s covered in dust and begging for care. He didn`t think it needed waxing because of the "stuff the dealer put on"!! Yes, he was suckered! :p

2) Another friend used to wash his car a lot, but only because he likes things clean. Turtle waxed it every so often, but only because "you`re supposed to".

I`m planning on doing a basic exterior detailing session with the both of them sometime soon. Hopefully some of the info will stick! But of course neither of them ever comment on my car unless I point it out to them, and think I`m insane that I CCD my car before every outing.

PLEBIAN HEATHENS!!! WAKE UP AND SMELL THE CARNAUBA!!

Post Thanks / Like
    People notice but could care less they have too many things going on in there life and too many worries that they could care less about a car.Some people don`t have enough time once work is over and doing there errends that there car comes last if it comes at all.Cars are not inportant to a lot of people they are just a piece of metal that gets them around .A lot of people lease cars today and they know in 2-3 years they are giving it back so what the hell

Post Thanks / Like

about rotation

i recently purchased a 7424xp and used a couple of times. previously being a rotary user i noticed with little pressure the xp stops rotating. is it important to the ability to correct or does it not matter that the pad doesn`t rotate. the only way i get positive rotation is if i turn all the way up to speed six. i want to correct with the xp and polish with the rotary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by glfahlc View Post
    i recently purchased a 7424xp and used a couple of times. previously being a rotary user i noticed with little pressure the xp stops rotating. is it important to the ability to correct or does it not matter that the pad doesn`t rotate. the only way i get positive rotation is if i turn all the way up to speed six. i want to correct with the xp and polish with the rotary.
    I think you should do it the other way around, correct with the rotary and polish with the pc IF you are not getting the results you want with the rotary. one other thing, the pc is pretty useless if you are not using it with 5.5inch pads. Any pad bigger than that will bog down and wont spin, and if it dosent spin, you arent doing any correction. Grab a sharpee and mark a line across the backing plate, if u see the line spining it means you are doing good and getting work done, if not, you arent doing much. But like i said, 5.5 pads are key to the pc. Bigger pads with VERY little pressure will stop rotating. Its why i am looking to sell my pc and buy me a Griots Garage DA.... that thing is impossible to make it stop spining.
    Turtle Wax FTW!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information