Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Got this buffer on Thursday, and naturally, went right to the Lightning to give it a try. Amazing power over my old PC DA unit!!!!!!!!! Went at the passenger side rear fender that has some swirls and scratches with Megs #105 and a green LC 6" pad. Took out the defects real fast and could not stop the rotary action like I can with the old PC. Lots more vibration at higher speeds, so I took off the bail handle (like the old PC) and Much better. Will probably do a review later.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s a quite powerful and effective machine. You won`t be disappointed! Excellent correction ability and a lifetime warranty.:thumbup:
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuck91 View Post
    Nice truck.
    Thanks so much. Love the Lightning. Great knowing you can wax just about anyone`s a$$ in a pickup truck!

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    i`ve got the 6" and 3" gg da. since they were my first da , i can`t really compare them to anything else, but they both do an excellent job so far. tons of power. can`t beat the warranty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lucky I want one bady, like the one with the 25 ft cable. I`m thinkin of selling my pc, pads and some polishes to get one.

Post Thanks / Like
    You won`t be disappointed with the Griots machine. Excellent power and a lifetime warranty.
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal329 View Post
    Lucky I want one bady, like the one with the 25 ft cable. I`m thinkin of selling my pc, pads and some polishes to get one.
    Wouldnt selling your pads and polishes be counter productive? or do you have stuff you arent using that you dont mind unloading?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PAR Detailing View Post
    Wouldnt selling your pads and polishes be counter productive? or do you have stuff you arent using that you dont mind unloading?
    Maybe, depends on what setup you might have. I sold 2 of my PC`s this year with Edge setups. The E2k and classic pads really didn`t work for me. They were fine for the old PC DA. But with 205/105 and the Griots being strong it was time for an upgrade.

You can get good deals on local car forums as long as you package it nicely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymz View Post
    Net was $119. Still wish I could have done better, but that`s the best I could find.
    Sorry to rain on your parade but I just stumbled across `em for $97.99... 10 bucks additional for the long corded model. Place offers free shipping over $99 so I added a couple of foam applicator pads for 2 bucks and saved 5.

One of Murphy`s laws, you always find it cheaper after you buy.

TL

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations........I heard great things about this machine

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TLMitchell View Post
    Sorry to rain on your parade but I just stumbled across `em for $97.99... 10 bucks additional for the long corded model. Place offers free shipping over $99 so I added a couple of foam applicator pads for 2 bucks and saved 5.

One of Murphy`s laws, you always find it cheaper after you buy.

TL
    So what is the link Mitchell?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Griot`s 3" DA but have yet to use it. Can you swap out backing plate on the Griot`s 6" DA for a 5" backing plate?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglerider94 View Post
    So what is the link Mitchell?
    Since this outfit sells some of the same stuff PAC carries I don`t think it`d be de rigueur to post a link. Google ToolTopia... nice prices on tools too!

Can`t claim this one, someone on another forum spotted `em on Amazon. I dug up the vendors site and sniffed around. Some stuff isn`t easy to find, easiest is to click on [more] on the list of manufacturers they carry and browse. You`ll find numerous familiar names.

TL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Emile View Post
    I have a Griot`s 3" DA but have yet to use it. Can you swap out backing plate on the Griot`s 6" DA for a 5" backing plate?
    Yep. You can mount a 4" on the 3" GG too but you`ll sacrifice what little correcting ability it has. 4" pads on the 3" polisher make for a sweet, one-handed, lightweight wax and sealant spreader though. :hurray:

TL

El Presidente
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gees guys...easy with the knife...

jk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information