Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    I have a new porter cable 7424 and have a couple of questions before use. I will be using it to remove some minor scratches on clear coat with menzerna intensive polish with an orange pad, do I need to mist the pad first with water or a lubricant?? Also should I first mist the pad when I polish, using white pad and blackfire polish, and apply wet diamond using gold pad??
    Would also like to polish my windshield to remove water spots, etc. and have on hand some AutoGlym glass polish, can I use a orange or white pad for this and not damage the glass? Thanks for your help.
    Welcome to TruthInDetailing :partaaay:

I personally do not mist my pads. If one gets gummed up, I grab another one and keep moving

You will be fine with the orange and white pads. I would however add a few yellow and black ones to your arsenal

You can use the orange or white on your windshield. Always remember to start with the least aggressive method first and go from there. Also, be sure and tape up your trim really good around your windshield

Happy Fathers Day. Hope to see you around :wizard:

Post Thanks / Like
    +1 to Flash`s response. I find that Menzerna polishes have enough oils and liquid "stuff" that they are moist enough for me without any pad misting. Remember good, firm pressure with the PC and slow overlapping passes. Work small areas, check for results and do it again if you`re not happy.

I`ve buffed several windshields in the past and it works just fine. Again, like Flash said you might want to try the white pad first with the AutoGlym polish and go from there.

Good luck and enjoy it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information