Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by DETAILKING [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I would wait a few hours between SG and AIO coats, although some apply back to back.[/b]</blockquote>

DK: I don`t have a garage so I wash my car outdoors. If I wait this long to apply SG, I probably should wash it again before the SG. Would this affect the AIO?

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    so many questions!

I use AIO as a cleanser and not as a acrylic depositor. The first work in of AIO is to clean primarily. The second is if you missed any spots, if you need extra attantion on the rough spots, and overall smoothness for a buttery feel.

Then wait 20 minutes or longer and then just SG. I guess waiting 24 hours would increase your chances of not having the SG pull off the acrylic put on by the AIO, but in many cases you`re putting on so much SG, the AIO layer of acrylic is insignifiant. Now if that`s all you`re using then waiting longer is better. Just a matter of where you`re heading and where you want to be, in order to govern which path to take.

BTW dampen mf applicator with water. On a first time AIO`d car it can get dirty really quick, and you don`t want dirty mf applicator doing the next panel.

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by carguy [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>This isn`t always the case - but "Gold Class Clear Coat Liquid Car Wax" is a polymer-based product - so I would assume that makes it OK to apply over SG. It really does have a wonderful gloss. [/b]</blockquote>
    Although Gold Class has polymers in it, it isn`t polymer based. It`s primary formula is still a traditional type of wax. Most modern waxes have polymers of some sort like Pinnacle Souveran and Paste Glaz but really aren`t polymer based, like Klasse and Zaino. That is my understanding of it. Someone correct me if I`m wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is a hybrid of sorts.......

Mass. Wine Guy--> I doubt your car will pick up that much dirt in a few hours between coats. It will not hurt AIO to wash it after a few hours, but what I would do is just go over it with a QD just before appling SG. Even if you let the car sit over night and do not drive it, a QD just be all you need. If you drive the car I would wash it between coats.

Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like
    My absolute favorite carnaubas to use over Klasse SG are Pinnacle Souveran, Pinnacle Paste Glaze and Blitz. Trust me, they do make a noticeable difference in shine and depth. Laters.

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Don2000g [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>My absolute favorite carnaubas to use over Klasse SG are Pinnacle Souveran, Pinnacle Paste Glaze and Blitz. Trust me, they do make a noticeable difference in shine and depth. Laters. [/b]</blockquote>
    Don, as a veteran of the Pinnacle waxes, would you say that the Souveran wax is noticeably better on black cars than the Paste Glaze? I guess what I`m asking is, on a black car is it worth paying the extra money for the Souveran. I currently only have the Paste Glaz. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good ? for Don Intermezoo33i , i to only have the Paste glaze wax.
    Andre`

Post Thanks / Like
    Andre, I guess my question is too damn trivial for his time. Either that or he juss doesn`t like Zaino Zealots like me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can`t speak for Don, but I can tell you Souveran provides an extra depth to the shine you normally see. It`s supposedly designed for dark cars, and I haven`t heard a single negative thing about it besides the $70 price tag. Easy to apply, cake to remove. Low durability is not surprising for the look. "laters"

Post Thanks / Like

Fill n glaze coumpounds

Many popular videos show using a first step swirl remover product (take your pick of brand)...then for step two ,using a fill n glaze product with a white pad.
    Oops,orange pad on first product....sorry, anyway,here is my question,I understand that glazes will fill light imperfections ,thus meaning that sum thing is being left behind to fill,weather its oil and a powdery substance or what ? now, the next step is of course sealant or wax...if wax or sealant were not applied would the imperfections re appear in time or after setting in the sun ? I just want to get a better understanding of this category of compound.

I am guessing that the answer to that is yes...if so ,does a sealant or wax prevent it from showing up again ? :StarWars:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RED JEWELL SS View Post
    Many popular videos show using a first step swirl remover product (take your pick of brand)...then for step two ,using a fill n glaze product with a white pad.
    Oops,orange pad on first product....sorry, anyway,here is my question,I understand that glazes will fill light imperfections ,thus meaning that sum thing is being left behind to fill,weather its oil and a powdery substance or what ? now, the next step is of course sealant or wax...if wax or sealant were not applied would the imperfections re appear in time or after setting in the sun ? I just want to get a better understanding of this category of compound.

I am guessing that the answer to that is yes...if so ,does a sealant or wax prevent it from showing up again ? :StarWars:
    RED JEWELL,

A fill in glaze does just what it implies. It will fill in imperfections, and hide them. If you do not seal it, the glaze will wash off the next time you wash your car and the swirls will come right back. If you fill in the swirls and then seal them, it will last as long as your sealant lasts before the swirls reveal themself again. A glaze is just a temoorary fix.

I hope this helps.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    RED JEWELL,

A fill in glaze does just what it implies. It will fill in imperfections, and hide them. If you do not seal it, the glaze will wash off the next time you wash your car and the swirls will come right back. If you fill in the swirls and then seal them, it will last as long as your sealant lasts before the swirls reveal themself again. A glaze is just a temoorary fix.

I hope this helps.

That makes since Barry, thanks !

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could not said it better, thanks Barry..............:wizard:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information