Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
Zach,

I have the Makita 9227 the P/Cable old style and the Flex VRG3401.
If you decide on the Flex bear in mind that it only has one, repeat, one backing plate for 6" pads and no other backing plates are made for it to my knowledge.
Your P/Cable can have backing plates for 6, 5, and the smaller pads, 4" I believe. Same as the Makita 9227.

I find myself using the smaller pads on the P/Cable on alot of front end parts of cars that are too small to try to work even a 5" pad in there, so for me, having the flexibility of smaller pads on the P/C or for that matter, the new Meguiars P/C with more power,etc., would be a greater advantage, even for weekend warriors.

I also like the Makita for certain times when I feel it will give me the best shine quickest, but the Flex is about right there with it, and less issues, with the material used in the polishing with a Random Orbital. The Flex will have forced rotation which is an advantage, but having only one size of pad that can be used with it, makes it a tough sell for some people.

I like the Flex too and just used it to buff out a 1999 BMW Z3 hood, Titanium Silver, and it was fast, with no problems loading up, etc, and I was able to run the speed all the way to the end at 6 with no problems..

So decide what you want your machine to do with what variety of pad sizes or not, and go from there..

All are good solid machines.

Good luck

Dan F
Wow, this information has helped me tremendously. Thanks Dan

P.S. Only 1 plate for the flex huh, I wasn`t aware of that

Quote Originally Posted by RED JEWELL SS View Post
I think you guys have helped me decide to buy a V-2....lots of reading ,I think my brain is about fried from reading about polishers....:StarWars:
Good choice ^ this stuff (info) could drive you nuts :doh:

If it was me, I would go with the meguiars unit at this point and maybe later get that New machine David is working to produce :blacksmith:

Quote Originally Posted by vaboom123 View Post
Thanks for all the feedback guys!
Hi vaboom, when did you get here. Glad to have you aboard matey :soldier: