Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I do wax the door jambs, but not as often as the exterior. It makes cleaning easier. I use Zaino, but didn`t bother putting the polish on before Z1, I just use Z1 by itself on the door jambs.

Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Z1 by itself wont do much.....do u mean u use Z2 by itself?

Post Thanks / Like
    I meant I did not use Z1 (polish) on the door jambs but use Z2 every now and then.

Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    eom

Post Thanks / Like
    I once had (still have actually) have a customer whos a fanatic about cars and detailing. When he was my age, he would do what i do, enthusiast detail other cars, spending lotsa time on em (dont think as much as us autopians though). Anyway, I convinced him that i could detail his 1993 BMW850 and have it look better than it ever has or he doesn`t have to pay me. He took it quite seriously. Unfortunately, while i was posative my arsenal of klasse and oodles of time and care could make the finish better than its swirly self has ever looked, he`s finicky about the details, windows, pop-u healights cleaned and ....doorjams. When i showed hinm the car, he didnt say anything and whent strait o the dooorjams, which i luckely washed, and QD`d. He then proceded to tell me thow that was a sign of a good detail, then afterwords, admired the finish which i had spend hours on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good going!!

Post Thanks / Like
    As I have a third door on my extended cab, they all get a wash with a cotton cloth and then dried with cotton towels. This gets done every time I wash the truck. I also lift the hood and do the edges every time I wash.

Everything gets 2 coats of AIO and at least 2 coats of SG in the spring and in the fall. I will also put on a coat of wax in the summer if I have time. I also use 303 on the step shields where you enter the cab.

The hinge pins get lubriciated with white grease every 6000 miles. I do them the same time I rotate the tires. I keep a record of all my maintenance.

I really do believe that clean door jams bring that extra touch that says I care about my vehicle, and I`ve had more than one compliment about the care of my truck. Makes the extra work all worthwhile. Enjoy!

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bill make me remember, I Klasse the inside of my trunk and hood where I can.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by YoSteve.Com [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>CCB, the rule on the forum is you can`t put it in your signature until you actually have it in your possession, haha

as jokes aside, nice ride my friend, very nice. [/b]</blockquote>
    ....and you are letting me get away with it as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve,

My neighbors must think I`m nuts. I spend a whole Saturday sitting inside the bed of my truck, ( I have a cab high Leer cap,)

Aio`ing the bed of my truck, and then putting 2 coats of SG in the bed, every fall.

And if that isn`t enough, I`m on the creeper laying under the back of the truck, washing and SG`ing all the painted area`s on the bottom of my truck.

Folks just drive by and shake their heads, or smile. Oh well, some people spend days and days planting flowers in front of their houses, just to watch them die when the first frost hits. To each his own. I can`t eat my truck, but they can`t drive their flowers, either.

AS grandpa used to say, we all like different things, if we didn`t`, everybody would be after your grandma. Do you see a line of men in front of your grandma? See what I mean?

Good ol` grandpa! Enjoy!

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Bill Lessard [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I spend a whole Saturday sitting inside the bed of my truck, ( I have a cab high Leer cap,)
    Aio`ing the bed of my truck, and then putting 2 coats of SG in the bed, every fall.[/b]</blockquote>
    Bill the grandma reference made me smile (mine passed away last week, if you remember). She did have a long line of everyone`s kids she babysitted (including me and all my cousins).

So what`s this about you SG`ing your bed and up underneath?
    what are you nuts?

( haha it`s like some of those SNL skits where everyone in a group really jokes around and then another person jokes around too but they all look at him like he`s nuts, this forum is cool )

Post Thanks / Like
    I try and SG every bit of paint on the truck. I am nuts, I even AIO and SG the back of my clear coated rims, including the spare up underneath.

My grandparents on my Father`s side were simple farmers who came down from Canada and farmed in New York. They were very special people, and still give me very special memories.

God bless to you and your family, on the passing of your Grandma. They truly are very special people.

Post Thanks / Like
    bill, your neighbors are right, you are nuts. Plus you really put a lot of attention into detailing your truck too.

i hate door jambs btw, but brad is right, it is the difference between a good detail job and a great one.

Post Thanks / Like
    snake, i remember you telling me that one of the reasons why you started detailing yourself is that you once paid a "pro" detailer, and he didn`t even clean the doorjams.

what i do is:

wash the car with P21S and a chenille/wool mit with two buckets.

dry car off with Wizards Water Bandit, and the California Waterblade, for windows only!

Get all the little spots I missed with a microfiber towel.

With that same towel, i wipe down the doorjams, hood/trunk lid.

give the jams a shot of quick detailer.

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually use AIO on the insides of my door jambs and 303 on the little plactic piece that sits in there. I maintain the shine with FI.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information