Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the same thing happen to my daughter`s 01 Honda Civic (less than 400 miles on the car and 1 month old). I tried everything....i mean everything from soap, vinager to polish and heavy rubbing compound. All the heavy rubbing compound did was scratch the paint where I had to spend hours getting the marks out,,,,but guess what...it didn`t do anything to the spots. This is driving me nuts, everything was perfect...very virgin paint and then one morning ......spots. I had Zaino on the car at the time, since I`ve strip it off and Klasses/Blitzed. You can only see the makrs in the direct sunlight. Here`s a few pic of what i`m talking about, the first pic you can`t even see the spots, but in the close up in the direct sunlight...there they are.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, your not going to believe this.

After an unsuccessful afternoon with the vinegar wash and 3M SMR, I took action.

I drove back to dealership and played dumb inquiring why I have these little nickle size outlines all over the finish on the car.

They could not explain it. Maybe hard water (nope), acid rain (don`t think so), or who knows what. But, they did agree to have it re-detailed and wheeled out. That made me happy, it think.

Before I take the car over next week, I am going to video the finish in the sun light just as proof there where no swirls before I took it, in case it comes back a swirled mess.

At least now it has become the dealerships responsibility.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

NEW Meguiar`s G110V2 Dual-Action Machine Polisher in Stock

The Meguiar?s G110 V2 Dual Action Polisher gives detailing enthusiasts more power, more control, and more comfort. It has never been easier for car owners to create a legendary showroom shine. The Meguiar?s G110 V2 Dual Action Polisher features a unique "cruise control" which prevents the machine from bogging, allowing the user to achieve better results, faster. Compared to previous generations of random orbital polishers, the Meguiar?s G110 V2 is way up on results and way down on time wasted.

The Meguiar?s G110 V2 Dual Action Polisher is a random orbital polisher that features a perfect 5/16th stroke. This physics of this powerful "stroke" cause the pad to rotate freely, creating a more perfect finish. Because the pad spins freely, and is not directly driven making this type of polisher extremely safe. And while enthusiast love this polisher for its safe power delivery, many professional detailers love it for its efficiency. It allows you to polish the paint to a high gloss, in less time, without fear of rotary buffer swirls!

Features:

Amps: 4.2
    OPMs: 1800 - 6800
    Thread Size: 5/16" x 24
    Weight: 5.5 lbs (without backing plate and handle)
    Noise: 55 dB
    Cord Length: 10.3 ft.
    Multi-position bail handle
    Soft-touch finish
    Meguiar`s carry bag included
    Warranty: 1 year from Meguiar`s

While torque, amp, and voltage readings seem to be mostly publicized figures today regarding orbital polishers, they far from tell the "truth". Meguiar?s G110 V2 was designed by professional car enthusiast for car enthusiast and no attention to detail was spared. The counter weight is placed close to the drive, for less vertical deflection and a smoother feel. The "cruise control" feature prevents the motor from bogging, and a more efficient design delivers more of the power to road. The Meguiar?s G110 V2 is the most efficient random orbital polisher we have tested. Like Porsche proved to the world, it?s not all about the numbers!

The power dial of the Meguiar?s G110 V2 is mounted at the rear of the polisher, next to the super long power cord. The power has been perfectly tuned to the dial; gone is the rapid jumps in speed that would occur between different speed settings. Speed 1 starts at 1800 Orbits Per Minute (OPM) and each higher number is 1000 OPM higher in speed, topping at 6800 OPM at speed 6.

The Meguiar?s G110 V2 is packaged in a beautiful stitched Meguiar?s bag equipped with a W68DA Softbuff 2.0 Flexible Soft Backing Plate, a bale handle, and a replacement set of maintenance brushes. The body is covered in synthetic soft-touch material that is a treat to hold and the housing is made of metal. Just holding the polisher lets you know it is built to a different standard. Turning it on and using on paint confirms the feel: The Meguiar?s G110 V2 Dual Action Polisher is a serious defect removing paint polisher, from a name you can trust in car care..........Everyone want`s one.:Gift:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool Angelo. Wonder if Santa will put one of those in my stocking this year :Gift:
    Steve

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hopsgt500 View Post
    Cool Angelo. Wonder if Santa will put one of those in my stocking this year :Gift:
    You are welcome to stop by and see one in person, then maybe Saint Nick will know which one to get you.......:Gift:

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Angelo, I might just have to come by and take a look ancing Dot:
    Steve

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I do have my eye on one myself, I wonder if anyone will miss one.....:wizard:

Post Thanks / Like
    Gee, I don`t know what you`re talking about. It was there a while ago :::
    Steve

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    :Innocent::Innocent::Innocent:

Post Thanks / Like
    :::
    Steve

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone is contemplating buying a PC XP... stop what you are doing and buy this instead... its like the PC XP`s cooler, more mature, more sophisticated uncle.

I really like this machine:wizard:
    David Saunders

Street Dreams Detail
    Now in San Diego California

..And as for the critics, tell me I don`t get it
    Everybody can tell you how to do it, they never did it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information