Thread: DA sizes

Post Thanks / Like

DA sizes

Just wondering what size DA`s everyone uses...

I`ve had my PC 7336 for years and love it...it is only set up as a 6" and surely could use a smaller one like a 4" on some rear decks and hatches.

I was thinking about getting the PC 7424 (5")....but anyone know of a 4" DA out there???

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DA sizes

Quote Originally Posted by Premiere Auto View Post
    Just wondering what size DA`s everyone uses...

I`ve had my PC 7336 for years and love it...it is only set up as a 6" and surely could use a smaller one like a 4" on some rear decks and hatches.

I was thinking about getting the PC 7424 (5")....but anyone know of a 4" DA out there???

Thanks!
    You can use the DA that you have just change backing plates.

Clicky----
    3.5" Dual Action Flexible Backing Plate- porter cable 7424XP hook and loop backing plate 3.5 inch.

Post Thanks / Like

Like BB said - The 7336 will take any backing plate that the newer DA`s are using. Didn`t your machine come with a wrench to change em out ?

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve read that when you change backing plate size you must also change the counterweight to match....not sure if I can buy different weights to match backing plates of the 7336

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve read that when you change backing plate size you must also change the counterweight to match....not sure if I can buy different weights to match backing plates of the 7336
    Probably wouldn`t be a bad idea but many have tried 5" and 6" counter weights and said they discern no noticeable difference. I`m not sure what is available for sizes smaller than this.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Guess it is worth a shot!! I`ll order up a 5" BP from autogeek

I would like to find a nice small DA "body" that would work well with a 3.5 Backing Plate. Even if I could get a 3.5" to work on my PC 7336....the physical size of the machine may be awarkward.

Post Thanks / Like

I may be wrong but I seem to remember that the early 7424 has the same body as the 7336. The new xp model body is a little different .

Post Thanks / Like

Guess it is worth a shot!! I`ll order up a 5" BP from autogeek

I would like to find a nice small DA "body" that would work well with a 3.5 Backing Plate. Even if I could get a 3.5" to work on my PC 7336....the physical size of the machine may be awarkward.
    Here you go. Griot`s Garage 3 Inch Orbital Polisher Kit, Griots Garage orbital buffer, spot polish kit, motorcycle polishing kit

Tom if you are willing to spend the money nearly anything you can think of someone sells it.

I have no first hand experience with this polisher but I have read it is not all that great so check around see what you can find out about it before you buy one.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks on the input!!! That Griots one is the ideal size I`m after....but will still have to do a comparison to what else is out there. My concern with the Griots one is that it looks to "imported" from China....I never mind laying out $$ for quality...but that is harder and harder to find lately

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks on the input!!! That Griots one is the ideal size I`m after....but will still have to do a comparison to what else is out there. My concern with the Griots one is that it looks to "imported" from China....I never mind laying out $$ for quality...but that is harder and harder to find lately
    I think Tuscarora Dave has one of these.
    Maybe he will add his experience with it.

Thread Information