Post Thanks / Like

Just ordered a Griots Garage Polisher

After tons of research and advise, Ive placed my order with AG for a Griots polisher, 6 LC CCS pads, and chose PB SSR1 as my free sample. I have a friend who recently bought the biggest package deal Griots has, and had no idea what he had even bought. He brought me the polisher, their orange pad, and a 1 step Griots polish to try. Being used to a rotary, and owning a worn out PC, I really wasnt expecting the power and results this machine produced. I was really leaning toward a Flex, and one day I`ll get one. For now though, I think this is my best option for the price. I`ll still do most of my cutting with a rotary since alot of my work requires wet sanding or hard compounding. The pads I chose were orange, white, grey, blue, red, and gold. Im new to LC pads so this was just a shot in the dark. I figure if the machine turns out to be a pos, theres always ebay lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just ordered a Griots Garage Polisher

I bought one recently and was both surprised and pleased with the power it has. Reading the specs showed that it should be powerful but the proof was in the using.........it did not disappoint. I bought the one with the heavy duty 25` cord if that matters. Assuming that it holds up I thought it the best for the buck in that price range. The lifetime warranty is a big plus but I`d prefer not to have to use it.

Post Thanks / Like

The Griot`s polisher is a very good machine. Also you might want to look into the 5 inch backing plate, and 5.5 pads.
    Ed

Moderator/Consultant for Autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

I didn`t get the longer cord although I prob should have. My next purchase will be a smaller backing plate and pads. TD gave me some good suggestions on pads last night and I plan to see it through next time I need some.

Dewey,Cheatem & Howe ESQ.
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Just ordered a Griots Garage Polisher

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean81 View Post
    I didn`t get the longer cord although I prob should have. My next purchase will be a smaller backing plate and pads. TD gave me some good suggestions on pads last night and I plan to see it through next time I need some.

Don`t take his word on pads or you might have as many as he does...: I think he is trying out for a clerk`s job in a stockroom, "sorry Dave just couldn`t resist"

"Luck" Residue of design tuscarora dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by njcarting1 View Post
    Don`t take his word on pads or you might have as many as he does...: I think he is trying out for a clerk`s job in a stockroom, "sorry Dave just couldn`t resist"
    Good morning Bill I might have to pick up a few pads while I`m at Steve`s this weekend. I don`t have that many pads, until it`s time to wash them all.

Dewey,Cheatem & Howe ESQ.
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Just ordered a Griots Garage Polisher

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    Good morning Bill I might have to pick up a few pads while I`m at Steve`s this weekend. I don`t have that many pads, until it`s time to wash them all.
    I know ha, that washing gets me every time also...

Post Thanks / Like

Got a Griots and a Megs v2 for Christmas this year. Have had a PC that I started with but wanted more power. After finally getting the time to use the two new units , I am pleased with both but find myself reaching for the Griots most of the time. The extra power won`t replace the need for a rotary but will reduce the need for its use. You`re gonna like the Griots and be happy with your choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by njcarting1 View Post
    lmao. I figure if anyone knows pads its Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
    Got a Griots and a Megs v2 for Christmas this year. Have had a PC that I started with but wanted more power. After finally getting the time to use the two new units , I am pleased with both but find myself reaching for the Griots most of the time. The extra power won`t replace the need for a rotary but will reduce the need for its use. You`re gonna like the Griots and be happy with your choice.
    Thanks. I`ll never put the rotary down, especially for the nightmare jobs I get stuck with normally. Ive been searching threads and talking with others for what seems like months for the perfect polisher for what I do. Something mainly to remove swirl marks left from the extremly hard cutting I usually have to do, and leave paint looking like glass..without taking all day to do so (thats a big one). My first choice like I stated earlier was the Flex, and if it wasnt for the price tag I would have bought one. I feel that with the DC discount on the pads, the free sample, and a shipping coupon my wife found online for me, I got a great deal through Autogeek. I will absolutly be a repeat customer

Thread Information