Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dewey,Cheatem & Howe ESQ.
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow G110v2 anyone tried one

I see on other boards people talking about this polisher, has anyone here tried one out? I know some have dislikes about the flex, heavy, forced rotation on non flat panels, and pad size. I have never tried one so I cant add any input on the pros`s or con`s with the flex.

Steve is now selling pads to cure the flex size problem, but do most people need one.

The new g110v2 is another option, and I guess it`s in the arena with the new PC machine.

The g110v2 is just a few dollars more than a PC and still much less than a flex. SO WHATS THE WORD ON THE NEW UNIT ANYONE USEING ONE.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: G110v2 anyone tried one

If I were to get a da it would be the Griots model....Has alot more power plus it comes with a lifetime warranty

"Luck" Residue of design tuscarora dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I own and have used the G110V2 and have a hard time believing the GG has a "lot more" power because this unit does have "very good" power. The G110V2 too is a bit on the heavy side though. It is a very balanced and vibration free tool. The internal feedback circuit is not a gimmick either, you can really feel it kick in under a load. I had to apply hard pressure (more pressure than is needed to effectively polish) to stop the rotation of the pad. It has a grippy, very comfortable rubber cover that does not heat up during operation. The brush replacement would be a snap because it has external brush holder caps. In my oppinion they (Meguairs) hit a home run with this polisher, TD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    I own and have used the G110V2 and have a hard time believing the GG has a "lot more" power because this unit does have "very good" power.
    Dave,

I can`t find the stats for the the v2 but here is the g-units stats

7-amp,850 watt motor

2,500-6,800 orbits per minute

variable speed, wider rpm range

wider 5/16 orbit pattern

10 foot power cord

ergonomic adjustable handle

backing plate included

and most importantly to me.......

Lifetime Warranty

Post Thanks / Like

i just got the megs one on a gold box deal from amazon for 110 I will let you know how it does this weekend (if there is no rain) I need to white diamond my trailblazer!!
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like

If a person had to hit a black car pretty hard with a rotary and compound, would this machine be capable of permanatly removing the swirls if the right products and pads were used? Im not too worried about the cutting abilities of a polisher since Im pretty good with a rotary and damn near fearless with one. Im looking for a machine that is capable of leaving a flawless mirror finish in a timely manor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean81 View Post
    If a person had to hit a black car pretty hard with a rotary and compound, would this machine be capable of permanatly removing the swirls if the right products and pads were used?
    Yes.

Im not too worried about the cutting abilities of a polisher since Im pretty good with a rotary and damn near fearless with one. Im looking for a machine that is capable of leaving a flawless mirror finish...
    It can...

in a timely manor.
    ...depends on your definition of timely.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer View Post
    Yes.

It can...

...depends on your definition of timely.
    Thanks JP. By timely I mean that I usually can`t spend all day polishing and waxing. I know they can`t be as fast as a rotary but if this machine worked fairly quick I would get one.

Post Thanks / Like

I own and have used the G110V2 and have a hard time believing the GG has a "lot more" power because this unit does have "very good" power. The G110V2 too is a bit on the heavy side though. It is a very balanced and vibration free tool. The internal feedback circuit is not a gimmick either, you can really feel it kick in under a load. I had to apply hard pressure (more pressure than is needed to effectively polish) to stop the rotation of the pad. It has a grippy, very comfortable rubber cover that does not heat up during operation. The brush replacement would be a snap because it has external brush holder caps. In my oppinion they (Meguairs) hit a home run with this polisher, TD
    When this polisher was new to me it seemed to work a lot better. Now that it is broken in and all the bearings have loosened up it doesn`t seem to impress. I would say it`s Just a PC in a black and yellow suit. Not that that`s a bad thing. it is seemingly a decent polisher. But the most likely reason I think this way is because I have been using the Flex 3401 VRG for the last dozen details. The Flex makes everything else "Just a PC"

Post Thanks / Like

When this polisher was new to me it seemed to work a lot better. Now that it is broken in and all the bearings have loosened up it doesn`t seem to impress. I would say it`s Just a PC in a black and yellow suit. Not that that`s a bad thing. it is seemingly a decent polisher. But the most likely reason I think this way is because I have been using the Flex 3401 VRG for the last dozen details. The Flex makes everything else "Just a PC"
    I think I need to stop pinching pennies and being cheap and just go for the Flex. The last thing I wanna do is buy another piece of equpiment that I regret soon after.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes you should! If you are profficient with the rotary already the PC will soon after be replaced by the flex. Trust me on this one. I know that you are about getting stuff done.

Here is something that I think about and it is not to bash a PC style machine at all because I do use mine on nearly every job. Running the G110V2 after running the Flex 3401 VRG is like jumping on a hardtail mini bike after riding a V-Rod all day long.

Could the G110V2 benefit a guy like you? Absolutely, the physical labor I avoid by waxing and sealing a car with the G110V2 Pays for the unit in just a few weeks of working and if it burned up tomorrow I would be pulling out the plastic and ordering a PCXP without thought.

Post Thanks / Like

I have an older PC 7336 and a Cyclo. Recently I purchased the Griots unit with the 25` cord. I never thought I would say it but it puts my trusty Cyclo to shame. The unit is strong enough to honestly say I`ve found no reason to run it on speed #6 at all. It is quite stout and takes major effort to just slow down the rotation much less stop it. I`ve used the Flex and believe it to be the top of the heap but coughing up the moola made me choke on buying it. For about 1/2 the money I can say that I`m well pleased. I hope the lifetime warranty never comes into play but it`s reassuring to know it is there. Oh, it came with an extra set of motor brushes too.

Here`s the specs on a few of the most popular machines:

Originally Posted by Mike Phillips
    Single Head - Random Orbital Polishers - Free Rotating Spindle Assemblies

Porter Cable 7424XP
    4.5 AMP
    500 Watt Motor
    5 pounds
    3 Year Limited Warranty - 1 Year Free Service - 90 Days Money Back

Griot`s Garage Random Orbital Polisher
    7.0 AMP
    850 Watt Motor
    5.5 pounds
    Griot`s Lifetime Warranty

Meguiar`s G110v2
    4.2 AMP
    430 Watt Motor
    5 pounds
    1 Year Limited Warranty

Post Thanks / Like

Yes you should! If you are profficient with the rotary already the PC will soon after be replaced by the flex. Trust me on this one. I know that you are about getting stuff done.

Here is something that I think about and it is not to bash a PC style machine at all because I do use mine on nearly every job. Running the G110V2 after running the Flex 3401 VRG is like jumping on a hardtail mini bike after riding a V-Rod all day long.

Could the G110V2 benefit a guy like you? Absolutely, the physical labor I avoid by waxing and sealing a car with the G110V2 Pays for the unit in just a few weeks of working and if it burned up tomorrow I would be pulling out the plastic and ordering a PCXP without thought.
    Great way of putting it. After alot of research and great advise I think the Flex is for me. I do have a question though, what are the probs with pads that were mentioned?

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Variable Contact Pads from Poorboy`s World and have no problems at all. I preffer the 5.5 inch but the 6.5 are nice too. I beat the crap out of my flex while working on that Grumman Olson aluminum truck, I am talking applyin hard pressure on the tool and running all day long. I got 30 hours of very hard polishing on that truck and the Flex just laughed at that job. It really is the Ferrari of polishers.

Post Thanks / Like

Run the GG setup with 5.5 pads and you`ll have an ample setup. It`s brutally strong for an orbital, has lifetime warranty, and runs all the common orbital accessories.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information