Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for a new Polish

The guys that developed that 101, are the guys that now work for Griot’s.
    Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    The guys that developed that 101, are the guys that now work for Griot’s.
    Ah, interesting! They obviously know their stuff

EDIT: Hey, that gets me wondering how they`d compare the M101 and the Fast Correction Cream. I`m guessing that the latter is, uhm...less likely to bite ya and more user-friendliness oriented.

Post Thanks / Like

No sir! It is an improvement over any of the M products.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike lambert- In the unlikely event that I ever run low on compounds/polishes, I do think I`m gonna go with the Griot`s. I just can`t get over how well they`ve upped their game (I still remember what they sold when the Handbook# was in the single-digits and all the different generations of products they`ve offered since then).

In what way would you deem the Fast Correction Cream superior to the M101? No, I`ll *NEVER* use up that whole bottle, and the few times I`ll reach for it would never justify trying something else, but I really am curious.

Gee, it occurs to me that M101 is the only Meguiar`s product that I ever reach for any more, other than that final gallon of M62 I`m still using up.

Post Thanks / Like

I have more than a handful of polishes in my cabinets but the Griots trio are about the only ones I use these days. Mind you, I seldom need to do serious correction and I don’t use Fast Correcting Cream often but I use all three and quite like them. That said, I haven’t tried the Boss sealant.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

M101 was designed for European paint systems using a foam pad and a rotary. The abrasives were not designed for a da. Yes it may work, but I never liked the mess it made or having to use water to make it work better. The Griot’s is designed specifically for a da, there is absolutely no mess and it cuts as good or in my opinion better than Meguiars, sonar or menzerna. I don’t consider any of the other hobbyists products to even come close. In fact, I’ve coated cars after only using fast correction cream on a microfiber pad, cutting and polishing in one step. I’ll put correction cream and fast correction cream up against any products on the market.
    Likes GearHead_1, mumps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Mike lambert- Thanks for explaining the diffs you`ve experienced. You work on a vastly broader assortment of vehicles that I ever will so your takes on such stuff are so informative!

Might just be the paints I`m working on or my technique ..I`ve had utterly stellar results with the M101 whether by (any kind of) machine or by hand, never needed water, never made a mess. Actually thought "gee, this stuff is easy-peasy" even moreso so than I found M105 (another one that just *clicked* for me right from the start).

Interesting that the FCC left things ready-to-wax (well, "coat")...since I can`t get the finish I want with M205 and that`s supposed to be a Finishing Polish!

Again, thanks for taking the time to respond to what is probably just another of my Intellectual Curiosity Questions, or at least I *hope* that`s all it is, what with all the products I already have on the shelf!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information