G`day Guys

I had a mate ask me for a favour to fix up his $600 dollar Ford Falcon AU that`s nearly the same colour as my car which is series 1 model, his is series 2

the damage you see is not just some fogging, its from severe scratches, wash marring and heavy swirls
the camera didnt really show just how bad it was.

So I went at it with our soft polish (finishing polish mainly but corrector for soft paints too) as I no longer use compounds (since 2013) due to the sheer power of the machines I have and the 20 plus pad material types there are including some mega powerful fibre based pads and worlds softest wool pads

Flexipads microfibre finishing disc was chosen (we use these to correct most times) and got a terrific result and removed 3 to 4 microns of paint total

However when I decided to see just how much gloss I could get out of it via rotary and foam, 6.25mm orbit throw random orbital and all other foams (I have many up to 120 pore per inch) and every machine I have (nine in total) and the funny thing was that regardless of the machine, technique or pad, every foam made the paint gloss (colour richness) slightly less glossy

Ive never had that before, certainly a first for me
Im not complaining, I for one have never really experienced that DA haze from microfibre that people like larry kosilla and others talk about but then again Im not using compounds