Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish vs Prima Amigo

Hi everyone, I`m new to the forum and really haven`t posted much, so I`m not sure if I`m in the right spot, but I had a question on Blackfire vs. Prima.

I`m looking for something to add more depth to the paint prior to applying my sealant (Prima Epic). I`ve wanted to try Blackfire`s Gloss enhancing polish, but I wasn`t sure how this compared to Prima Amigo. I really dont need any correcting, so a stronger polish wouldn`t be necessary, which is why I was staying away from the Blackfire SRC Finishing Polish.

Any thoughts on which is better? BGEP or Amigo?

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish vs Prima Amigo

Quote Originally Posted by NJ MINI View Post
    Hi everyone, I`m new to the forum and really haven`t posted much, so I`m not sure if I`m in the right spot, but I had a question on Blackfire vs. Prima.

I`m looking for something to add more depth to the paint prior to applying my sealant (Prima Epic). I`ve wanted to try Blackfire`s Gloss enhancing polish, but I wasn`t sure how this compared to Prima Amigo. I really dont need any correcting, so a stronger polish wouldn`t be necessary, which is why I was staying away from the Blackfire SRC Finishing Polish.

Thanks in advance!
    having the same question so I would like to make this thread live again .

Post Thanks / Like

From what I understand Epic has some cleaning ability, so using a glaze like Amigo might be a waste since the cleaners in Epic would remove the glaze when you apply it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a bottle of BF GEP but have not used it yet. I am sure it is a good Polish/Glaze.

At this point Prima Amigo is my favorite Polish/Glaze product. It has some correction ability when used with a cutting pad but also has a decent filling ability.

In this case I would suggest the Prima Amigo simply to maintain Synergetic Excellence. Also I would think Amigo is made to work with Epic. But I have not used Epic so I am not sure.

Post Thanks / Like

BF GEP is a fine product, but I also prefer Prima Amigo. Amigo is easier to remove and the look is deep/wet....I then top with sealant or wax. Amigo does contain mild abrasives whereas BF GEP does not. Both fill somewhat.

Post Thanks / Like

I try to stick to a system, if using Prima LSP, then use the Prima polish, if using BFWD then is the blackfire polish

Post Thanks / Like

fell in love with amigo 6 months ago. use it all the time now. many of my customers are daily drivers and the correction suits me for time, and gloss for their eyes. easy to work with. also usually put some collinite 845 on top for this wet oregon winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJ MINI View Post

Thanks in advance!
    Each is unique, better is a subjective term. If you are using the Prima line, then for the best results you are likely better going with Prima Amigo to ensure 100% product compatibility.

Thread Information