Post Thanks / Like

Cquartz uk, some fun little lessons...

I finally got around to doing my own car, coated with cq uk, cq dlux an flyby30. I had read about some bad mishaps on waterspotting during the curing stage. Long story short I wanted to experiment and see what kind of reactions would take place.

I just did this on my hood, my hood was high spotted in one section so either way it was getting polished down. I also applied two coats on one side and one on the other.

Rain water isn`t an issue but hard tap water is. I sprayed the hood, let a couple of spots sit in the shade 20 mins and then blew them off. Brought it under the lights a day later, sure enough some pretty hard waterspots. It took two decent passes with sonax 3/6, rupes 15 and a green rupes to remove it all. I initially tried to wipe with reload but nothing. Keep in min I purposely didn`t apply reload just see if the coating could handle it during the set period, this was 48 hours later. The car had been curing in direct sunlight 80 degrees for both days an no rain the whole time.

Also note worthy is that the side with two coats had almost no waterspotting where as the side with one were very deep in contrast.

Lessons learned, rain water isn`t the enemy. Tap water is so wait atleast a week to rinse off and test the water repellency. Also make sure you apply the reload, I really can`t stress this enough, it really is imperative.

Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cquartz uk, some fun little lessons...

I only applied one coat to my wife`s car, Reload and waited 7 days before washing with Reset and our water is so hard it still leaves some spots. I wish I would have done 2 coats and will next time. The spots aren`t really visible from anything other than standing over with direct light but I was going to hit it with CarPro Spotless and see if that is enough for the small spots I have.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cquartz uk, some fun little lessons...

I actually tried spotless as well, nothing. I really couldn`t believe it had that much of a reaction after only 20 mins. :/

Thread Information