Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Poorboys SSR 2.5 OR Pro Polish 2

I am looking to add a sun friendly moderate swirl remover to my bag. I have been using PB PWS (with great results btw) but I want something with a little more bite in case I ever need it.

On the updated polish comparison chart, SSR2.5 is one level less aggressive than Pro Polish 2. So they are seemingly very close in cut ability. But it says pad dependent on Pro Polish 2 so I am wondering what pad they are considering when giving it a level of aggressiveness right above SSR2.5. And I also remember SSR2 having a great showing in one of Todd`s one step comparison`s. So maybe I should be considering that one as well.

For the sake of discussion I will be using this on my Duetto with either the Yellow Rupes Polishing pad or a Hydro Tech Cyan or Tangerine pad (5.5 inch).

For that reason I am leaning towards Pro Polish 2 but I am having a hard time figuring out what difference there is in these two products.

This product will most likely be followed up with a coat of PB Liquid Natty Blue. I don`t want to have to follow up either of these with a light polish so I am hoping to use this as a one step. I`ve had great results with PWS as a one step so I am not sure if I even need anything else but I could use something with a little more bite.

Suggestions? Advice?

Thanks

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poorboys SSR 2.5 OR Pro Polish 2

If I am correct, PP2 has abrasive in it as well, and I know regular PP is a chemical polish and pad dependent.

I guess all abrasive polishes are "pad dependent" as well.

I`ve had great luck with PP and pad choice for 90% of stuff tht I have done in the last few years. That said, on the vette, I di go to Swirl remover SSR 2.5 & SSR 1
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    If I am correct, PP2 has abrasive in it as well, and I know regular PP is a chemical polish and pad dependent.

I guess all abrasive polishes are "pad dependent" as well.

I`ve had great luck with PP and pad choice for 90% of stuff tht I have done in the last few years. That said, on the vette, I di go to Swirl remover SSR 2.5 & SSR 1
    Thanks Ron,

I guess my main issue is that I am afraid of having to follow up either of these with a light finishing polish, as this would defeat the purpose of what I`m looking for.

When I was using the PWS on a boat a few months ago I would have loved to have something with just a little more bite but I am not really wanting to sacrifice that extra bite for something that will require me to make another pass to clear up any marring.

I know the best bet would be to try out the SSR sample kit but I figured I would test the waters of knowledge here first.

And I realize any abrasive polish will be pad dependent but the only pad I would be using this on would either be the Rupes Yellow Polishing pad or the one of the HT pads. These are the best pads out of what I have in my arsenal and I think either of these pads would work well enough to not need another pass, hopefully.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    Thanks Ron,

I guess my main issue is that I am afraid of having to follow up either of these with a light finishing polish, as this would defeat the purpose of what I`m looking for.

When I was using the PWS on a boat a few months ago I would have loved to have something with just a little more bite but I am not really wanting to sacrifice that extra bite for something that will require me to make another pass to clear up any marring.

I know the best bet would be to try out the SSR sample kit but I figured I would test the waters of knowledge here first.
    what pad were you using? you could step it up, with the pws, but remember the more aggressive the pad, the less good stuff you leave behind
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

what pad were you using? you could step it up, with the pws, but remember the more aggressive the pad, the less good stuff you leave behind
    Looking to pair this choice with the Rupes Yellow pad or HT Cyan / Tangerine (on the duetto)

I dont plan on getting crazy with aggressive pads, trying to avoid a two step process. If that`s not possible then I will stick with PWS and Black hole or something

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    Looking to pair this choice with the Rupes Yellow pad or HT Cyan / Tangerine (on the duetto)

I dont plan on getting crazy with aggressive pads, trying to avoid a two step process. If that`s not possible then I will stick with PWS and Black hole or something
    try it ?

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve had my best results with PWS with either the Yellow Rupes pad or HT Cyan (but the cyan shreds eventually of course)

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t believe there any abrasives in PP2. It`s not mentioned on the PB site. If I remember correctly when it came out it was just a thicker version of the original.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blkSRT View Post
    I don`t believe there any abrasives in PP2. It`s not mentioned on the PB site. If I remember correctly when it came out it was just a thicker version of the original.
    Poorboy`s World Pro Polish 2

Poorboy’s World Professional Polish 2 has more polishing power than original Pro Polish.

Contains cleaners and abrasives to remove paint imperfections.

Apply by hand or machine

Poorboy`s World Pro Polish 2 contains abrasives plus cleaners to remove contamination and surface defects, like scratches, swirl marks, and etchings. Pro Polish 2 is a heavy duty car polish. It doesn’t just minimize imperfections – it removes them!

Post Thanks / Like
    So go with polish w abrasives or swirl remover w abrasives. Tough decision. Pro polish costs a couple bucks more,maybe its coz its a little better? Ive always felt pbs pricing was very fair.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Pro polish 2 will remove anything you want it to remove,but working with a light pad, it can work very fine .
    It finished very well.
    I also have 2.5, which works great,but the PP2 can finish better

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2shiny View Post
    Pro polish 2 will remove anything you want it to remove,but working with a light pad, it can work very fine .
    It finished very well.
    I also have 2.5, which works great,but the PP2 can finish better
    thanks. that`s what I was hoping to hear

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

SSR2.5 can NOT be used on my car as a finishing polish (Porsche, dark soft paint). Even with a red pad, 2.5 needs another step. It`s great at correction while leaving micro swirls that require something like Pro Polish or even Meg`s UP. I guess my point is, it`s paint dependent.

The best one-pass polish I`ve used is Menzerna 2500.

Post Thanks / Like

Poorboy`s World Pro Polish 2

Poorboy’s World Professional Polish 2 has more polishing power than original Pro Polish.

Contains cleaners and abrasives to remove paint imperfections.

Apply by hand or machine

Poorboy`s World Pro Polish 2 contains abrasives plus cleaners to remove contamination and surface defects, like scratches, swirl marks, and etchings. Pro Polish 2 is a heavy duty car polish. It doesn’t just minimize imperfections – it removes them!
    From the actual PB site

Pro Polish 2 is a heavy duty chemical polish using the highest quality ingredients possible. Pro Polish 2 works well on all paints, clear coats, and metals. PP2 will give you a great 1-2 punch for highly oxidized finishes and metals. There is no need for a specific heavy duty metal polish as the Pro Polish 2 and Professional Polish combo will take care of any metal polishing needs. Some early testers of the products named it Secret Goo

I don`t see any mention of abrasives. Maybe Steve can chime in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blkSRT View Post
    From the actual PB site

Pro Polish 2 is a heavy duty chemical polish using the highest quality ingredients possible. Pro Polish 2 works well on all paints, clear coats, and metals. PP2 will give you a great 1-2 punch for highly oxidized finishes and metals. There is no need for a specific heavy duty metal polish as the Pro Polish 2 and Professional Polish combo will take care of any metal polishing needs. Some early testers of the products named it Secret Goo

I don`t see any mention of abrasives. Maybe Steve can chime in.
    Here`s the description from the new site

[When we had customers who were dealing with heavy metal polishing and said we need Professional Polish with a bit more cut, we listened. Some early testers of the product called it their "Secret Goo" Pro Polish 2 is a task specific improvement of our Professional Polish, Pro Polish 2 contains abrasives and blasts through heavily contaminated metals. When we tried Pro Polish 2 on paint we were surprised to find that it worked great as an initial cut on a severely neglected finish. So if you are looking for something with a bit heavier cut than our Professional Polish you have found your product.]

Busy season came up fast and im still getting pictures put up, they sure are hard to take =(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information