Post Thanks / Like

Roundabout paint correction

I need some definitive yay/nay clarification. Working with: Meg`s GV110v2, with white, black, and blue CCS pads. I also have Meg`s UC and klasse twins (and collinite 845).

I have two issues:
    1. The hood on my 03 Accord looks like it was peppered by birdshot, with most of the chips down into the primer (chalk it up to soft CC and thin paint right?). Getting the time to detail the exterior is difficult enough, so I don`t really have an interest in repairing each one (if you have little ones you understand). Ill provide pictures shortly.

With that, will polishing with KAIO and the white CCS pad damage anything? Will the KSG and 845 protect enough to prevent the chips from growing or rusting? I have rust inhibitor, but that is almost as trying to apply (from a rattle can) as touch-up. Also, there are some serious defects on the doors and bumpers that are surrounded by pristine paint. Can I mitigate the abrasiveness of the UC by applying with a white CCS pad (in a slowly but surely approach)?

2. Another vehicle of my household is an 07 Mitsu Endeavor, who`s paint has seen better days. The front bumper is bug-stained (pics later) so that no amount of claying has provided relief. The hood took a hit from a falling basketball hoop, which left a huge scrape down to the primer and a big chunk down to the steel (which I taped up and covered with rust inhibitor short of any other low-cost options).

So, is the application of Meg`s UC, followed by KAIO (white pad), KSG (by hand with a MF applicator), and 845 (with a blue pad) going to get the job done, or am I missing something?(like Meg`s ult polish before KAIO?)

Thanks for any input guys
    Slate Metallic 2015 Toyota Corolla LE, 1.8L CVT

Bright White 2014 Dodge GCV, 30th Anniversary Edition, Blacktop Package. 3.6L 6A

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Roundabout paint correction

Quote Originally Posted by alexxxx89 View Post
    I need some definitive yay/nay clarification. Working with: Meg`s GV110v2, with white, black, and blue CCS pads. I also have Meg`s UC and klasse twins (and collinite 845).
    I don`t know how successful I will be at providing yay/nay answers, but I will do my best.

I have two issues:
    1. The hood on my 03 Accord looks like it was peppered by birdshot, with most of the chips down into the primer (chalk it up to soft CC and thin paint right?). Getting the time to detail the exterior is difficult enough, so I don`t really have an interest in repairing each one (if you have little ones you understand). Ill provide pictures shortly.

With that, will polishing with KAIO and the white CCS pad damage anything? Will the KSG and 845 protect enough to prevent the chips from growing or rusting? I have rust inhibitor, but that is almost as trying to apply (from a rattle can) as touch-up. Also, there are some serious defects on the doors and bumpers that are surrounded by pristine paint. Can I mitigate the abrasiveness of the UC by applying with a white CCS pad (in a slowly but surely approach)?
    Polishing, in a safe manner with either Ultimate Compound or KAIO should not increase the damage.

2. Another vehicle of my household is an 07 Mitsu Endeavor, who`s paint has seen better days. The front bumper is bug-stained (pics later) so that no amount of claying has provided relief. The hood took a hit from a falling basketball hoop, which left a huge scrape down to the primer and a big chunk down to the steel (which I taped up and covered with rust inhibitor short of any other low-cost options).

So, is the application of Meg`s UC, followed by KAIO (white pad), KSG (by hand with a MF applicator), and 845 (with a blue pad) going to get the job done, or am I missing something?(like Meg`s ult polish before KAIO?)
    Not sure what you mean by "get the job done". The process you outlined will improve the appearance of the paint and provide protection to the paint - If that is your goal, then yes, it will get the job done.

If your goal is repair the bug damage, you will likely need a repaint to do that.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input Todd. So using the white CCS pad with the UC is acceptable? I also ask for hitting the bug bumper with UC- if I can get away with using the white pad instead of the orange, Ill sacrifice any extra time required for the expense of ordering a new pad.

Thanks again

Bright White 2014 Dodge GCV, 30th Anniversary Edition, Blacktop Package. 3.6L 6A

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexxxx89 View Post
    Thanks for the input Todd. So using the white CCS pad with the UC is acceptable? I also ask for hitting the bug bumper with UC- if I can get away with using the white pad instead of the orange, Ill sacrifice any extra time required for the expense of ordering a new pad.

Thanks again
    Yes you can use a white pad with UC on your front bumper, no problem. It will take longer to get the same results, but it will also be safer as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes! Thank you Todd. This was a definitive answer that I needed.

Thread Information