Post Thanks / Like

Needing some help

Im looking for a new one step combo. Almost all of my scheduled corrections are on black, dark blue, or burgandy colors, mostly gms and fords. I`ve been using m205 on a megs mf cutting, or lc orange but it just isnt cutting enough for me. I dont want to step up to m105 because it doesnt finish well enough on darker colors which is mostly what im working with. I`ve been looking at a couple options all either used on a megs mf cutting pad or an lc orange pad.
    Im thinking either HD adapt, m83, or maybe like menz sf 2500. Im looking for opinions if you`ve used these products and your thoughts on them. BTW it will be on a GG6 gen 3.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Needing some help

I use Meguiars D151 on a lot of my one steps. I normally pair it with a tangerine Hydrotech Pad. I get pretty decent results with this combo on my 7424 but when I need extra correction I use the same combo on my Flex 3401. The D151 has decent cut and still finishes down nicely on most paints. You have to realize that you are going to have to settle with a happy compromise on cut/finish with a one step.

Post Thanks / Like

Adapt is the best 1 step polish I`ve ever used. I`ve used it on both the GG6 and the rotary, and have become so dependant on it that I haven`t used anything else in 4 months. Its THAT good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean81 View Post
    Adapt is the best 1 step polish I`ve ever used. I`ve used it on both the GG6 and the rotary, and have become so dependant on it that I haven`t used anything else in 4 months. Its THAT good.
    What kind of pad are you using??

Post Thanks / Like

Orange or White Buff n Shine pads normally. I`ve had great results with their MF pads too, but I`m more of a foam guy myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean81 View Post
    I will have to agree 100%. Just got a chance today to use Adapt for the first time. I was working on a Volkswagen Jetta with extremely soft black paint and a lot of swirls and rids. I tried several combinations and could only get mediocre results. Every combo that I used just would not finish without some haze and light micro-marring. I pulled out my Adapt that I just received yesterday and proceeded to use it with a Tangerine Hydrotech pad. Bingo ! Man this is good stuff ! It took out about 80% of the defects on the first try and the finish it left was unbelievable. It looked almost as good as if I had finished with SF4500 and a finishing pad. I will definitely be using a lot more of this in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

you can actually cut and finish with m105 if needed. todd made a good write up on it.
    http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...-compound.html
    that said, i`m with bswombaugh above on using megs d151. my favorite aio when extra cut is needed.

Post Thanks / Like

I love HD Adapt, used it on 3 cars so far and its been exceptional.

Post Thanks / Like

My go to for one steps is either Menz SF2500 or HD Adapt, both great products imo.

Thread Information