Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Converting/Combining steps - Polish advice?

I think this post in general should be helpful for ALOT of members, why? Because alot of people including myself are guilty of owning polishes that "Overlap" onto other polishes gradients of defect removal. In laymen`s terms.. you have polishes that are doing the same thing as one another. I`m an old schooler when it comes to polishes. Having the whole line of Menzerna from FG400 to P0115C, I really feel lately that I can do a lot more with less. So my question to you guys is this which should I eliminate, which should I replace and of course which should I keep? I`m a huge gloss fan, I don`t like products that just correct. Price isn`t an issue as I do low volume, high end for the most part.

So here`s my list...
    HD Uno - Compound/AIO (Used for the occasional work vehicle)
    Menz FG400 - My Go to heavy cutter on most of my clients
    Menz PG1000 - RARELY USE, Mostly for heavy wet sand removal. I like it better than FG when it comes to wet sanding.
    Menz SIP1500 - Rarely use
    Menz PF2500 - My main AIO on most single passes
    Menz FF3000 - My main follow up on most 2 steppers or on hologrammed cars
    Menz FF4000 - Use on alot of german cars for a single pass for light defects/swirling
    Menz PO85RD - Only use for jeweling/ only with a gold pad
    Menz P0115C - Almost never use except for show cars or over the top clients when they really want the wow factor.

Some that I was thinking of and have heard great things... How is the learning curve? Please put down any recommendation, not just what I listed. Any input is VERY Appreciated!
    Sonax 3/6
    Megs M101
    Car-pro`s Fix & Reflect

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Converting/Combining steps - Polish advice?

I have not touched Menzerna PF2400 since I got my hands on Sonax Perfect finish. I also got a new bottle of the updated(low dust) Nano polish from Sonax (3/6) but I have not tested it yet. Perfect finish is a superb polish and is so easy to use, not that PF2400 is hard to use either, but the removal is much easier on Perfect finish, and the gloss is a step up as well. Perfect finish is a straight forward polish with, imho, a easy learing curve. Sonax themself use a special kind of techniq, where the use high pressure(10 kilos ~20 lbs) and low rpm for the first 30 seconds as the cutting phase, then low pressure and higher rpms (1500) for the swirl removal and polishing phase. Works with the rotary.

Or you could spread it on low rpm, bump up the rpm to 1500, polish for 45 seconds, then lower the speed and pressure for a finishing phase. Works also on DA. The polish don`t need long sessions of polish and this is where I realy love perfect finish: it`s a time saver.

Can tease a little and tell that Sonax is going to release a new line of polishes designed to be used with DA. The product with 4 cut and 6 gloss should be awesome with a polishing pad on the Rupes

Since I met and trained with Menzerna, I have simplified my way of polishing cars. I only uses three products from Menzerna: FG400 for cutting, PF2400 for polishing and SF4000 for finishing. I have PO85RE5 for final finishing on softer paints, but you should be alright with a two stepper if the products is used properly. FG400 finishes of very nice and the small swirl marks, holograms is easily removed with SF4000. If the paint is hard you then PF2400 could be necessary. On most paints I, myself, don`t see much of a difference if I follow up with SF4000. On a "regular joe car" this step is just like feeding pearls to the pigs. They don`t see if the car got just a little bit glossier and they are sure not paying for the extra time it`ll cost to polish a extra step.

I got a little lost here, but I have no experiences of the other products you are refering to. But Meguiars #100 is a great product that you could check out, or else I have heard nothing but good things about #101. Some prefere it over FG400 and some don`t as it comes, as always, down to personal references.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Converting/Combining steps - Polish advice?

Feel free to send me any you eliminate My stock is pretty weak. Oh and sorry for not being any help with the original question. Only one on that list I have used is HD UNO

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mnehls86 View Post
    Feel free to send me any you eliminate My stock is pretty weak. Oh and sorry for not being any help with the original question. Only one on that list I have used is HD UNO

+1! I want more of the Menzerna lineup, especially FG400. Some photos I have seen on black vehicles are very impressive.

I just bought m101 and it worked great as a one step on a light colored (white) vehicle I did last weekend. It left a ton of haze on my black car which was a little disappointing, but I should of expected it. It is a really heavy cut.

Here is a side by side photo of m101 on the white vehicle:
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like
    Btw, I have Sonax PPF and I have noticed the fillers some have mentioned. It was only after I wiped with CarPro Eraser did I notice. Despite that, it still cuts and finishes extremely well. It truly is an all around good polish.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Thread Information