Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microfiber Pads

Post Thanks / Like

Microfiber Pads

After three jobs in the past two weeks my LC HT`s are already delaminating. So instead of buying more HT`s I would like to buy a set of microfiber pads. I was looking at both the Meg`s and OPT microfiber pads, but I just can`t make up my mind. Both seem very similar, but I just don`t have any experience with any microfiber pads. Can I really go wrong with either? Any experience or opinions on either would be greatly appreciated.

Scott
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Microfiber Pads

I haven`t used any microfiber`s yet but the Megs one did really good in the pad showdown. I use the LC thin wool though and love them but also had some delaminating. I spoke with Dave at LC and he said they are currently revising their adhesive so we shouldn`t have that problem any more soon.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a LC wool pad that started to delaminate about half way and I just used a hot glue gun now its good as new again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mnehls86 View Post
    I haven`t used any microfiber`s yet but the Megs one did really good in the pad showdown. I use the LC thin wool though and love them but also had some delaminating. I spoke with Dave at LC and he said they are currently revising their adhesive so we shouldn`t have that problem any more soon.

Hopefully they will take care of it. I just couldn`t believe how fast it happened. I literally just got these pads a little over a week ago and now they are useless . It`s really disappointing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XxBoostinxX View Post
    Hopefully they will take care of it. I just couldn`t believe how fast it happened. I literally just got these pads a little over a week ago and now they are useless . It`s really disappointing.
    Contact whoever you bought them from and explain this, I would think they would send you some more. Pads are not supposed to go that fast unless your beating the bejesus out of them

Also Iv`e used TB, Opt, and Megs. Any of the 3 choices are great
    Don`t forget to check out Todd`s A+ thead on some of these pads
    http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...show-down.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by colinpd137 View Post
    Contact whoever you bought them from and explain this, I would think they would send you some more. Pads are not supposed to go that fast unless your beating the bejesus out of them

Also Iv`e used TB, Opt, and Megs. Any of the 3 choices are great
    Don`t forget to check out Todd`s A+ thead on some of these pads
    http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...show-down.html

That`s what I thought as well and appreciate your input. I might just contact Autogeek and see what they say. It happened to two cyan`s and one tangerine. I think the tangerine was partially my own fault though. The face got caught on a headlight nipple and tore the face up. Then when I went to pull it off the backing plate it was stuck like glue and the foam tore from the velcro lol.

Thanks for your input on the pads. I have read Todd`s thread a few times and every time I read it I think I become more indecisive. I might just get the Meg`s 5" starter kit to try out and call it a day.

Post Thanks / Like

Look into Buff n Shine microfiber pads too. I`ve been using them for a year and love them. Their cutting pads aren`t as aggressive as Megs, but finish down much better. Their finishing pads are just awesome all around. If I need something more aggressive, Ill use Megs cutting pads then finish with B&S.

Dave@Lake Country Mfg. David Patterson@LakeCountry's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That`s what I thought as well and appreciate your input. I might just contact Autogeek and see what they say. It happened to two cyan`s and one tangerine. I think the tangerine was partially my own fault though. The face got caught on a headlight nipple and tore the face up. Then when I went to pull it off the backing plate it was stuck like glue and the foam tore from the velcro lol.

Thanks for your input on the pads. I have read Todd`s thread a few times and every time I read it I think I become more indecisive. I might just get the Meg`s 5" starter kit to try out and call it a day.
    No need to contact AG. Can you send me pictures of the pads you are currently having issues with? David.Patterson@LakeCountryMfg.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Theperfectshine View Post
    No need to contact AG. Can you send me pictures of the pads you are currently having issues with? David.Patterson@LakeCountryMfg.com

Just sent you an email concerning the pads. Let me know if you have received it.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean81 View Post
    Look into Buff n Shine microfiber pads too. I`ve been using them for a year and love them. Their cutting pads aren`t as aggressive as Megs, but finish down much better. Their finishing pads are just awesome all around. If I need something more aggressive, Ill use Megs cutting pads then finish with B&S.
    they are very good and high quality. never had a buff and shine pad delaminate.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I have not had Lake Country Hydro-Shreds delaminate very much over all the years I have used them, but I have had the Cyans totally shred themselves away - always...
    For years, since they came out.

Lake Country has never done anything about this and no one has ever contacted me about it..

I am glad that they are actually interested in your issue with these pads..

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lobster poutine View Post
    they are very good and high quality. never had a buff and shine pad delaminate.
    I use them on my rotary and have never had one come apart. I love them.

Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Microfiber Pads

Meguiars have the best cut of any MF pad. B&S don`t cut quite as much, but finish a bit better. These are my two favorite MF pads. Other MF pads I have used: Optimum, Rupes, and LC.

I`d like to do a side by side of Optimum vs. B&S. I love the way optimum provides smooth polishing, but lacks cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Just sent you an email concerning the pads. Let me know if you have received it.

Scott
    Yup, I got it. I actually forwarded it to Eric because I will be out of the office until Thursday. He should contact you tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    I have not had Lake Country Hydro-Shreds delaminate very much over all the years I have used them, but I have had the Cyans totally shred themselves away - always...
    For years, since they came out.

Lake Country has never done anything about this and no one has ever contacted me about it..

I am glad that they are actually interested in your issue with these pads..

Dan F
    I happened to see and read his post. I hope if you ever have an issue with a pad in the future, that you reach out by emailing us.

Shredding has always been more common among the cyan foam pad, and is technically just a characteristic of the closed cell foam which is why you don`t see it in other pads that do the same. It also is used for compounding or cutting and generally takes more abuse than a crimson or even a tangerine.

While I can`t change the foam, I am always concerned with pad failures and delamination. We also always welcome your suggestions and feedback.

My email is above or you can contact us though our website - Lake Country Manufacturing - Wool And Foam Buffing & Polishing Products

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information