Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish recommendation?

The wolfgang twins have good reviews as well.
    Wolfgang Duo 3.0, 16 oz.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn`t be doing any more harm if I applied the m205 and the BFwd on the new cars would I? Since it corrects swirls?

So far im leaning towards M205

How about sonax profiline perfect finish or BF srs compound? Are these too much for a new and 2010 car?

Thread : http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...-showdown.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ski2 View Post
    You may also want to consider Megs Ultimate Polish--easy to work with for beginners and available here or at your local Walmart for about $10

You`re also going to need allot more MF cloths than just one.
    Ditto on this. I have used it and it works great for the beginner. I have now purchased Sonax Profiline Perfect Finish 4/6 1000 ml. to give it a try next spring. It is a little expensive, but got it on sale so that helped, but I like the results in the polish shootout. I used Meg`s Ultimate polish and it will remove the light to moderate swirls depending on the pad used. I used an Orange LC cool wave pad and got good results. With the new polish I have bought some less aggressive pads such as the black or blue pads from LC.

Dean.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah i didn`t know sonax was that pricey.. the M205 is more around my budget.

Post Thanks / Like

HD Polish is quite wonderful too. I still have 205 in the stables. You can never have enough polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgcoupe View Post
    I have a Harbor freight DA polisher.

Yea it is overwhelming with the choices but I need to add a polish to deepen the gloss then apply my protectant of BF wet diamond.

Will my blue or black pad not work?

If i can get Megs Ultimate Polish local which would be convenient i dont mind taking that route as long as I see results..
    blue and black are going to be too soft to do any real correction work.

I would suggest sticking with the BLACKFIRE line for easy-to-achieve, prove results..

BLACKFIRE SRC Compound on using orange pads and
    BLACKFIRE SRC Finishing Polish using white pads.

Easy, simple and great results

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=dgcoupe;496605]I also have a 2014 toyota tundra white.[QUOTE]

Just occured to me that you have a white vehicle so you might want to add a step. Clay removes above surface contamination, but there still may be (even on a new car) contamination imbedded in the pores of the paint.

Before claying you may want to consider giving it a good cleaning with IronX which removes the imbedded contamination CarPro Iron X Lemon Scent 500 ml. After treatment with IronX it may eliminate the need for claying and will most certainly minimize the need for claying.

Post Thanks / Like

Todd it adds up quick.. I have a small budget for the first project while learning how to do it.

So will m205 work after ...clay and before BFwet diamond? I saw the BF SRS compound and if I am going to get better result than using m205 ill take the plunge ont he SRS compound.

I just want to make sure im not doing any harm on my vehicle by following these steps?

Wouldn`t it correct some of the micro flaws that my 1 month old paint on the new car might have by using m205.

Post Thanks / Like

Todd to understand your recommendation
    the compound would be to fix the swirls for my 2010 civic.

the src finishing polish i could use for my new 2014 accord while skipping the compound(no swirls really since its new) then the wet diamond? OR BF Gloss enhancing?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    blue and black are going to be too soft to do any real correction work.

I would suggest sticking with the BLACKFIRE line for easy-to-achieve, prove results..

BLACKFIRE SRC Compound on using orange pads and
    BLACKFIRE SRC Finishing Polish using white pads.

Easy, simple and great results

Post Thanks / Like

You seem to be highly overthinking this... Get what budget allows. Start with M205 or BF SRC finishing polish. If that doesn`t get you the results you want, switch to M105 or BF SRC compound.

Always start with the least abrasive and work your way up as needed. Do a test spot on a small area of your car, if its not enough cut to remove the defects, go with something more aggressive until you are happy with it.

You may need to follow up a compound with a polish to really make the paint pop, but in the case of BF SRC Compound, ive had excellent results on my car using it as a single step and going straight to my LSP.

You seem to be trying to get answers for all the questions that can only really be answered by putting a pad to the paint and seeing what works for you and make you happy

Post Thanks / Like

Todd it adds up quick.. I have a small budget for the first project while learning how to do it.

So will m205 work after ...clay and before BFwet diamond? I saw the BF SRS compound and if I am going to get better result than using m205 ill take the plunge ont he SRS compound.

I just want to make sure im not doing any harm on my vehicle by following these steps?

Wouldn`t it correct some of the micro flaws that my 1 month old paint on the new car might have by using m205.
    You can use M205 before Wet Diamond, no problem

SRC Compound will give you more cut than M205 so you would use that first to correct the paint, then use M205 after to refine the surface prior to wax application.

Todd to understand your recommendation
    the compound would be to fix the swirls for my 2010 civic.

the src finishing polish i could use for my new 2014 accord while skipping the compound(no swirls really since its new) then the wet diamond? OR BF Gloss enhancing?
    You always want to use the least aggressive method possible. You always want to finish with the least aggressive polish.

So use the SRC Finishing Polish (or M205) first.... if that doesn`t get you where you wanna go, step up to the SRC Compound. It doesn`t matter how old the car is (some 2009`s with hard paint are going to have a finish that is way better than a brand new car on the lot)

IF you use the SRC Compound, come back with the SRC Finishing Polish to refine the surface and increase gloss.

Post Thanks / Like

Perfect thanks todd.. I will try the BF src polish with the wetdiamond. If that doesn`t work I will add the src compound or m205.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information