Post Thanks / Like

DA vs Hand.. Not impress :S

So let me start of by saying blackfire wet diamond is a good product. I used it by hand and I recently purchased a Harbor Freight DA and got some Black and blue pads online with a 5inch backing. Am I doing something wrong or do I have the wrong impression, I don`t see much difference if any when I used the DA with blackfire on the hood and didn`t used anything else on the rest of the car. I even only did half the hood. I used a 3-4 speed setting and watch the videos on how to use it, the 6 pass style and slowly working it in. Any advice or tips? I`m not trying to do any swirl mark correction but i thought with the machine and heat it will produce a better shine/gloss? Should i change product?

tested it on a 2010 civic and 2005 rav 4.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DA vs Hand.. Not impress :S

yea get a polish and compound. Your using a Sealant that does nothing but add protection to the paint. using it by machine is not going to change the results as all its supposed to do is add protection. Machine just makes it easier to apply. If you wanna see results get some polish and work on the paint. I would say HD Adapt is very good from my recent go with it. I hear Scholls S30+ is good as well for a 1 step.

Post Thanks / Like

so do i apply that after i wash the car then use my blackfire wet diamond?

and will a blue o black pad work with it?

Post Thanks / Like

You need to follow the 5 basic steps to start with
    Wash,clean,polish ,protect,and maintain.
    You also do not need heat,clear coat does not like heat,
    Read both Todd`s and mike`s articles.

Post Thanks / Like

yes a blue pad will work for light defect removal. I think your thinking this is a quick processes. Before polishing you should clay the car to remove any embedded dirt and such after that you can start the polishing processes. That will take a few hours in itself to do. After you finish with that you can use the black pad to apply the BF wet diamond. should go do some reading on steps for paint correction before jumping in

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgcoupe View Post
    So let me start of by saying blackfire wet diamond is a good product. I used it by hand and I recently purchased a Harbor Freight DA and got some Black and blue pads online with a 5inch backing. Am I doing something wrong or do I have the wrong impression, I don`t see much difference if any when I used the DA with blackfire on the hood and didn`t used anything else on the rest of the car. I even only did half the hood. I used a 3-4 speed setting and watch the videos on how to use it, the 6 pass style and slowly working it in. Any advice or tips? I`m not trying to do any swirl mark correction but i thought with the machine and heat it will produce a better shine/gloss? Should i change product?

tested it on a 2010 civic and 2005 rav 4.
    Why you didn`t see much of a difference with the DA vs. Hand

BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection is designed to produce maximum results by hand or machine. It is a high-tech, tri-polymer sealant that leaves a very thin, very slick, extremely-protective film on your paint. This is the job of paint sealants , waxes and coatings. Wet Diamond is among the best.

Because you are leaving a protective layer (film) behind, there is no real need to work it into the paint or make slow over lapping passes. Set your polisher on speed 3-4 and spread a nice, even and thin coat over the surface. Let it haze, and wipe off. Using your polisher in this manner will save you a lot of time and ensure even coverage.

So when does the DA make a difference?

While the DA will save time (and effort) when applying a wax, sealant or coating, it will really shine when using abrasive machine polishes. Polishes are used to smooth away swirl marks and light scratches, while also resurfacing the microscopic wear and tear on your paint/clear coat. Because polishes require friction, the DA will really shine. 113 orbits per second by machine + rotation, maybe 3 by hand)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgcoupe View Post
    so do i apply that after i wash the car then use my blackfire wet diamond?

and will a blue o black pad work with it?
    http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...-whiplash.html

Hopefully this link will help by explaining each step in detail.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks todd i now have a better understanding... I think i mi understood some parts and now i know that i`m missing a polish.

Thread Information