Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes vs. Griots Showdown - Rupes Duetto and Mini vs. Griot`s 6 and 3 inch polishers

Quote Originally Posted by SSizzlin` View Post
    Todd, let`s take LC orange pads, same paint, same polish. Do you think the 3401 would out cut the Duetto? Just an educated guess would suffice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hmm... I have no idea, but if I HAD to guess, perhaps the FLEX?

I would imagine, variables aside, that it would be pretty close though. If you like PC-style machines and the science behind them, you would probably rock the Duetto well. If you like forced rotation, and have a lot of experience behind the FLEX, then you would probably rock that well.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes vs. Griots Showdown - Rupes Duetto and Mini vs. Griot`s 6 and 3 inch polishers

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    So what you`re telling me is in really need to purchase a Duetto. HAHAHA Just like a figured I would. Now just save up some funds.

Great job Todd. Another awesome write up. I`m still considering a Flex though, Flex or Duetto thats my dilemma.
    You can`t go wrong with any of them. Go with what will fit your style.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VaderGT View Post
    I think the biggest issue with the mini rupes is the fact its not that mini. The body looks almost as big as the GG6".
    Todd can we get a comparison shot with those 2 next to each other and a Griots with a 2.75" backing plat. The head on it might not make it fit into any smaller areas the GG6 could.
    The weight is close as well. Both are about 5lbs, with the GG6 being ounces heavier. However, I`m guessing if one had both tools in front of them, few would be picking up the GG6 with a 2 & 7/8" BP over the Mini. Yes, either will likely do the job, but the Mini was designed from the ground up for small pads - and then there is that Rupes smoothness.

Is the Mini a decent amount of $$$? Yes it is. But, there are a lot of luxury type items that offer no substantial benefit other than subjectives. You can by a zillion dollar Rolex that will tell you the same time of a $50 watch. I`m not saying the Mini offers no benefits other than panache - I`m just saying your paying for a little more refinement and specificity to the task at hand.

Post Thanks / Like

so the mini is basically same thing as the Duetto but a different backing plate?

Post Thanks / Like

so the mini is basically same thing as the Duetto but a different backing plate?
    The chassis is similar (body and motor), but it is tuned differently. The motor`s maximum speed has been increased to 5500 OPM to compensate for the small pad`s lack of surface area. Additionally, the housing and internal balancing is weighted specifically for a smaller pad. Lot`s of little changes for big results.

Post Thanks / Like

i see AG has 20% off code..that would make it $240

Post Thanks / Like

We will price match

Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What`s the code?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

They do have a 20% off but its not a no exclusion sale so it doesnt apply to polishers unfortunately. I was about to hit checkout when I got the email

Post Thanks / Like

awww crap I just read no minimum real fast and thought it was a no exclusion sale.

Post Thanks / Like

So if I`m reading this correctly, the Duetto and Mini are the same body? The differences are the backing plates and the tuning of the machines? How is the mini`s throw for smaller areas?

Post Thanks / Like
    From what I read, they both have the same throw. Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RSTARK View Post
    From what I read, they both have the same throw. Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    They both have a 12mm throw (compared to the FLEX 3401 and PC-style which are 5/16 or 8mm). I haven`t found an area yet where the stroke was a problem (this isn`t to say there aren`t areas were the large stroke could limit access, it just hasn`t proven so yet).

Post Thanks / Like

Todd--any idea when you might be able to post a comparison between the Duetto and the LHR 15 ES?? There`s a 15% off no exclusions sale at AG today and would like to take advantage of it if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ski2 View Post
    Great comparison Todd!! Been happy with my GG DA, but the thought of having to do fewer passes and with little to no vibration (old bones) is very enticing. The big question in my mind is: What way to go-- Duetto at $320 or LHR 15ES for $350??? If the Duetto was $200 it would be a no brain decision, but at only $30 difference it is more difficult. Hope you plan a comparison of these two!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ski2 View Post
    Todd--any idea when you might be able to post a comparison between the Duetto and the LHR 15 ES?? There`s a 15% off no exclusions sale at AG today and would like to take advantage of it if possible.
    It will probably be a few weeks, next time I am at the office I will.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information