Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Menzerna polish for every job....

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    I have used Menzerna products exclusively on all paints all marques for years and it is proven to be great and very predictable..

Have also just started using Sonax Profiline Perfect Finish 4/6 at mid year, and the over a dozen vehicles I corrected with Rotary Power, have not come back with scratches returning or anything.. None were coated - all received 1 coat of Sonax Polymer Net Shield.

Im not sure how long Sonax Profiline Perfect Finish has been out, but I believe it has been out since sometime in 2012...

I wonder why, if this product is so full of "super fillers", and hundreds of bottles have been sold, around the world, perhaps thousands of bottles, why there are not a corresponding amount of posts talking about how bad this product is for coatings, going back to when it first came out???
    Coatings have been out way longer than the product...

Dan F
    I think its more of a theory than anything as far as coating failure goes. The first person I know of to discover the real filling ability is one of most respected guys in the industry, and when he speaks people tend to listen. For me personally, Im glad to know this before I used it for a warrantied Opti Coat job or any coating job for that matter, just in case. I don`t think anyone has actually documented coating failure or anything like that, but it does make sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psynx View Post
    (o_0) wow really thats the first time i heard that? i have used PF and used Carpro eraser, Mineral Spirits, and IPA and havent had that issue but i havent coated a car after using PF only waxed or seal

Kinda worries me now that a 70 dollar bottle does that
    I know what you mean... Perfect Finish was literally in the cart, ready to hit ship, but then I did a couple more Google and forum searches and didn`t like some of the "rumors" in the mill. I thought PF was going to be the "perfect polish" (no pun intended) but I am really waiting to buy this, and probably will end up with the Menzerna package, because of these rumors. Hate to have a $70 per liter polish ruin a $10 per mL coating... Hopefully we`ll get some definitive answers posted to the various forums soon...

Post Thanks / Like

I have used Menzerna products exclusively on all paints all marques for years and it is proven to be great and very predictable..

Have also just started using Sonax Profiline Perfect Finish 4/6 at mid year, and the over a dozen vehicles I corrected with Rotary Power, have not come back with scratches returning or anything.. None were coated - all received 1 coat of Sonax Polymer Net Shield.

Im not sure how long Sonax Profiline Perfect Finish has been out, but I believe it has been out since sometime in 2012...

I wonder why, if this product is so full of "super fillers", and hundreds of bottles have been sold, around the world, perhaps thousands of bottles, why there are not a corresponding amount of posts talking about how bad this product is for coatings, going back to when it first came out???

Coatings have been out way longer than the product...

Dan F
    I am certainly not trying to spread rumors, just repeating what I have read in the hopes that I don`t make certain mistakes that others have made along the way. Since the majority of the work I do (in fact, close to 100%) is coatings, I figured that this is a pretty big deal, and worth bringing up, even though it may just be a rumor.

I apologize if you found my original posting offensive to you or SONAX Perfect Finish. On the contrary, I have great love for SONAX products, which is why I brought it up in the first place - I was about to buy it. I have their glass cleaner, dashboard cleaner, Full Effect, etc. so I`m not trying to bash the brand - just trying to get some answers before I spend hundreds of dollars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    I have the full range of Menzerna polishes in my garage and think your selections are spot on
    Todd, many have said to bag SI1500 because FG400 finishes so well. My thought process was to save the bit of the aggressiveness by bumping to SI1500, but maybe FG400 with a tangerine HydroTech pad rather than cyan pad would be more appropriate?

What`s your general opinion on the best polishes to have in the range. If you think that it`s worth having in the cabinet, I`ll go for it, but it seems that there is a consensus saying that it just is not necessary.

Thank you, as always, for your continued feedback!

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Radarryan -

Thanks for your comments -

But please understand I am not at all offended by these comments..

Since I have used a lot of this product, I am just as interested as the next guy to know all I can about it - especially if it is somehow bad for coatings...

I understand the concern regarding it failing somehow, sometime, and causing coating failure, but I have to just think - how is anyone going to prove that this product caused the failure anyway??

I dont see anywhere a process that outlines how this would happen, so perhaps its really a moot point then, until someday, (with OptiCoat), some year, the coating wears off or comes off, whatever...

Who is going to remember when they did it by then and if they saved the paperwork, again, how does one prove without a doubt, that something other than just wearing out, caused the coating to fail ??

I am Detailing a 2005 Porsche Cayenne in Lapis Blue with an 8 year old clearbra on the front end that is totally scratched from a zillion car washes and/or that man that stands there with the dirty nasty, soapy brush that brushes the wheels and then the clearbra..

I went down one side and found that Sonax Profiline Perfect Finish is doing a beautiful number on clarifying that nasty scratched clear bra ! Its almost perfect again.. I would say its in the 90% range easily...

So, with our without the"magic fillers", I am getting the results I need way faster than any other method out there on an 8 year old piece of plastic !

We are good, ok ?
    Thanks !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Radarryan -

Thanks for your comments -

But please understand I am not at all offended by these comments..

Since I have used a lot of this product, I am just as interested as the next guy to know all I can about it - especially if it is somehow bad for coatings...

I understand the concern regarding it failing somehow, sometime, and causing coating failure, but I have to just think - how is anyone going to prove that this product caused the failure anyway??

I dont see anywhere a process that outlines how this would happen, so perhaps its really a moot point then, until someday, (with OptiCoat), some year, the coating wears off or comes off, whatever...

Who is going to remember when they did it by then and if they saved the paperwork, again, how does one prove without a doubt, that something other than just wearing out, caused the coating to fail ??

I am Detailing a 2005 Porsche Cayenne in Lapis Blue with an 8 year old clearbra on the front end that is totally scratched from a zillion car washes and/or that man that stands there with the dirty nasty, soapy brush that brushes the wheels and then the clearbra..

I went down one side and found that Sonax Profiline Perfect Finish is doing a beautiful number on clarifying that nasty scratched clear bra ! Its almost perfect again.. I would say its in the 90% range easily...

So, with our without the"magic fillers", I am getting the results I need way faster than any other method out there on an 8 year old piece of plastic !

We are good, ok ?
    Thanks !
    Dan F
    Of course we`re good! I just didn`t want you to think I was trying to question your judgement of detailing products or your technique, etc. I agree that there are lots of factors that go into coating failures, just like all failures. It`s like airplane crashes - it`s rarely one thing that goes wrong. I think that I would be using Perfect Finish if I wasn`t using coatings - or a coating pre-polish.

If it can get those kind of results on clear bras (which I have and they are hard to get perfect) then I think I`ll be picking up a bottle. Just wish they made a half liter size like overseas. C`mon sale! 50% of SONAX products?

I appreciate the feedback on Perfect Finish and hope I can get the results you achieve! Happy detailing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information