Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax Profiline Perfect Finish...

Quote Originally Posted by Evan.J View Post
    I have messaged Kevin looking for the info on this so I am awaiting a response. From whatI have hears the fillers are so durable that they can withstand multiple wipe downs and still remain.
    No one including me is disputing what he has found...

What I am asking is how can I get such incredible Clarity out of this product and it also apparently have fillers in it ?

Wouldn`t it seem that the fillers would hide the metallic particles that come to the top so beautifully when using this product ??

I just cant understand how this product can give me much more clarity and then hide stuff.. Again, its the oxymoron part...

Have spoken with the most reputable Detailer out there who started using this product when it first came out almost 3 years ago.

He has used it and, wiped it down, and Opti-Coated it on more cars than can be remembered, and has Never had an issue with coating failure..

So, if it has these extra fillers, maybe they dont ever fall out.. Or if it has these fillers, maybe you are not working the product correctly so it uses them all up, etc...?

In my experience with it, I can get the paint corrected and very glossy and clear, and squeaky clean. the pad starts squeaking across the finish when its almost dry. Its very, very, smooth.. and if metallic, very, very, clear..

Many of you were not here then, but I remember when Menzerna products were first introduced, many said they were full of oils and fillers, etc., and spoke harshly of them... Now, everyone loves Menzerna... I was using it all the time on hundreds of vehicles too.. I still like it, but this product for me, is much better..

What about the possibility of whatever issues are coming from this product use, the fault of the User (operator error), and not so much this product??

Like I have said before, unless I can see conclusive scientific evidence that this product does bad things for coatings, I have to think that the zillion other variables - including operator error, not enough knowledge of how to use the product, etc., the major cause of any failures...

Yes, it Is expensive, but perhaps, you get what you are paying for here?

Again, no angst, no bad vibes, feelings, etc... Lets just talk and reason together about this, ok ?

DanF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VaderGT View Post
    I can careless about these so called "fillers" I like the product and it produces amazing results. Especially on soft non metallic black paint. not many other polishes I have tried can do that with this paint. So I will continue to use it with a smile on my face
    You my friend, are spot on !

I used this on an 1991 Schwarz Black ( Jet Black) BMW 850 V12, totally scratched, hardly ever Detailed, and it came out stunningly clear and glossy...

Tried a couple of other combos of Menzerna and it just didnt like them..

But it loved the Sonax and they lived happily ever after !

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

I have messaged Kevin looking for the info on this so I am awaiting a response. From whatI have hears the fillers are so durable that they can withstand multiple wipe downs and still remain.
    While there`s an ongoing debate as to whether these fillers exist, let`s assume that they do exist...

First, these "durable fillers" are supposed to withstand chemical wipedowns. However, there has not been any testing to confirm that they will withstand abrasives.

So if one were to do a few passes with Optimum Hyper Polish or Primer and a finishing pad before applying OC, then there should not be any problems, right?

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I just ordered some Sonax PF for a black Civic that I will be polishing and coating this weekend.

My original thought was to do a few passes with Hyper Polish and a Rupes White pad before applying the OC 2.0 coating. However, I just remembered that I have some DP Paint Coating Prep Polish on hand -- wouldn`t a hand-application of this stuff remove any durable fillers as well?

What do y`all think?

Post Thanks / Like

I can careless about these so called "fillers" I like the product and it produces amazing results. Especially on soft non metallic black paint. not many other polishes I have tried can do that with this paint. So I will continue to use it with a smile on my face
    I am with Vader on this. I have seen nothing but rave reviews on Perfect Finish prior to me purchasing a bottle. I see detailers in the UK who do nothing but rave over the product.

Then the controversy started in the US that it was some "hack oil" that was loaded with fillers.

I plan to use it on my cars. I don`t do a lot of coatings other than the DP and BL products. I am more of a sealant and carnuaba guy anyway. If the product has some fillers and I have to use "oven cleaner" on my paint to remove them I am not all that worried.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Well don`t get me wrong I love PF as well and its corrections and finishing abilities blows me away. I really got bombarded with this "Filling" stuff on saturday when I post a finished car and said I used PF and Opti-coated. I didn`t think that this was a Huge until all that so I was curious on what everyones thought was.
    Official Selected Team Member of the Air Force One Detailing Team
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE-8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

only seems to come from L2D..

Post Thanks / Like

only seems to come from L2D..
    And Facebook...
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Well don`t get me wrong I love PF as well and its corrections and finishing abilities blows me away. I really got bombarded with this "Filling" stuff on saturday when I post a finished car and said I used PF and Opti-coated. I didn`t think that this was a Huge until all that so I was curious on what everyones thought was.
    Well, like I said, a very respected Detailer on the East Coast has said to me, that he has used this product and Opti-Coat for years and never had a failure or come-back problem...

He wiped down with things like Car Pro Eraser (when it came out), and Menzerna Top Inspection, etc., and again, no problems, and all his vehicles which he posts up frequently, are stunning...

I bet if you did a great prep and wipe down, you will have similar results...
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    And Facebook...
    that detailer buddies?
    I had to delete that off mine because I never seen sooo many cry babies before. They would cry about everything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information