Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Porter Cable dying out. NEW machine advice!?

Quote Originally Posted by groebuck View Post
    what if it is just a hobby but you are incredibly lazy?

Hire a detailer.
    Paul Sparks

Distinctive Auto Detailing

Indianapolis IN 46234

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Distin...70659146390192

Post Thanks / Like

Between the RUPES and the FLEX, I say its a toss up. I haven`t seen a huge difference in correction power one way or another. I have used both but find myself reaching for the FLEX more often than not. I also use a PC, Griot`s, and FLEX rotary.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
    After watching seven or eight of my friends that are professional detailers sell their Flex 3401`s it caught my attention. I was shocked at the amount of correction the larger stroke was able to do with less passes. So is it 3x better ? Maybe not but 2x`s better , yep easily. I only do 2-3 cars a week average but my life has been easier and when this Rupes dies , another will take it`s place
    So Even though Rupes is not a Forced Rotation DA Polishers like the Flex. Do you find your able acquire the same level of paint correction ex. severe oxidation, swirls, and scratches, & find it quicker/ more effective with the Rupes? Cutting.. able to remove holograms etc as well?

Thank you for all the replies it been a lot of help and more to think on...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EUROTECH View Post
    So Even though Rupes is not a Forced Rotation DA Polishers like the Flex. Do you find your able acquire the same level of paint correction ex. severe oxidation, swirls, and scratches, & find it quicker/ more effective with the Rupes? Cutting.. able to remove holograms etc as well?

Thank you for all the replies it been a lot of help and more to think on...
    Yes. As I have noted , the 21mm stroke impressed me with it`s correction ability. If you are located close to another detailer that owns one you should give it a trial run IMO.
    Paul Sparks

Distinctive Auto Detailing

Indianapolis IN 46234

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Distin...70659146390192

Post Thanks / Like

Rupes doesn`t correct with rotation, it corrects with the large strokes. Sort of finessing the swirls out of paint at a fast pace.

Looks like Rupes will be out with MF pads. Love it for 1-steps, same Rupes green pad for German, American and Japanese paints. Most use MF pads with Rupes.

Here is one of the top pros:

BMW 530d - Buffer marks galore! Corrected with Rupes Bigfoot by Paul Dalton/Miracle Detail - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

i will be on the look out but so far no test runs avaliable or i would of been able to decide this w/o ever posting...
    I understand it hits a large area cutting down on time.. I guess the final question`s are can the Rupes correct paint in every way the flex can? And if so Why spend more$ (assuming buying flex not brand new) Or is does it really have that wide of throw that paint correction time is diminished by such a degree vs. Flex, and the Rupes is just more enjoyable to use? (or is it just hype on new machine and the carbon fiber handle )

Post Thanks / Like

More info here between Flex and Rupes.

http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...-vs-rupes.html

Post Thanks / Like

Think i made up my mind on Rupes 21. thank you for all your comments and help!!! Last question few /`s,

Any reason i should consider the 15?

Where to get right washer and spacer. Any diy links, Oh the washer spacer same thing as i understand? right ..tired reading...

Well Now on 2 more research for pads (stick with Rupes or another like LC?)
    & polish product. Past was using Merenza 2 stage and Wolfgang two stage, thoughts?
    ... So many new products in 9 years, going to take a while which i don`t have ...

A few articles that found interesting many might of already read them but for those who haven`t... polisher washer mod and why it works and other good stuff on Rupes. cheers

KevBrown washer mod [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwDorgB3NX4"]How To Do The Kevin Brown Rupes Washer Mod - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.autopia.org/forum/machine...-benefits.html

Detailing Bliss Forum - Optimizing Performance of the Rupes BIGFOOT LHR15ES and LHR21ES...

Post Thanks / Like

bump
    Well Now on 2 more research for pads, polish (should i stick with Rupes or another like LC ?
    any experience on 21" Rupes with different pads have recommendations ?)

polish product. Past was using Merenza 2 stage and Wolfgang two stage w/ PC
    (So many new products in 9 years, going to take a while which i don`t have for need to order ASAP new client and possible new side business help thoughts?____
    Thank you for replies

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Rupes 21, Flex(s), GG 6" and PC. I use Rupes 21 mostly for paint
    correction. I`ve had excellent results with M100 and Megs mf cutting discs.

The 15 was designed for detailing. The 21 was designed for body shops.
    I purchased the 21 and a 5" backing plate. I`m happy with my choice.
    There`s a KB "washer mod" that allows solid contact with additional pressure.
    The Rupes 21 is my "swirl killer". It does lots of correction in a lot less time.

A side note: I use my PC with M205 to follow up the 21 for clarity and gloss
    and depending on the vehicle I may also use the Flex rotary with 3M Ultrafine.

If you do a lot of paint correction then the Rupes 21 is a good choice for you.
    The 21 does correction quickly. I`m not sure I`d choose it for my only machine.
    Is the cost of a Flex or Rupes justifiable if you`re only doing your own vehicles?

The GG 6" is a good all around machine and it works great with a 5" BP & M101.

Post Thanks / Like

Weekend warrior speaking here...had PC7424 for years and still have it. Cosnidered upgrading to Rupes but heard some complaints about it. Decided on a Flex VRG 3401. Love it. Will handle all the correction I will ever need. Will use the PC7424 for finsihing polish and sealants. Probably Rupes and Flex are a coin toss but very happy with Flex purchase.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information