Post Thanks / Like

Kudos to Lake Country pads.

I am still learning the ins and outs of detailing and I can say for one thing that brands make a difference. I have a GG 6" DA machine and it makes easy work of detailing over doing it by hand. Today I got a chance to try out Lake Country`s cool wave pads in orange and white. I had used GG orange pad for polishing and Meg Ultimate Polish until it kind of exploded and that was after the 2nd use. I had done a polishing but it wasn`t the best since my GG pad was disintegrating before I got done and never really got it looking good a few weeks ago. Since I have a couple days off from work and getting paid for it(lack of work and took some vacation), I decided to strip the car and try again. I can`t believe how well the orange cool wave pad worked compared to the GG orange pad for polishing. I had a few major scratches that I couldn`t get out but it took care of most of the towel marks that didn`t come out a few weeks ago, I do have a few that I could still see and I worked them a little longer but gave up they seemed a little deeper and didn`t want to polish to much in one spot.

The only downside to these pads is the white pad didn`t seem like it stuck as well to backing plate as the orange one did. That is the only thing that GG pads have over the LC pads, the GG pads I have a hell of a time peeling them off the backing plate. Those pads seem to have a softer loop on the pad versus the LC pads.

I managed to get a coat of BFAFPP on tonight and tomorrow it will be a coat of BFCS then I will have to post up some pics of the detail.

Dean.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kudos to Lake Country pads.

LC pads are hard to beat. I had a batch of CCS pads last 3 years. If your still running the stock backing plate, I would recommend looking into 4 3/4 inch backing plate and 5 or 5.5 inch pads. Ditch the loop handle and stock backing plate. The GG6 becomes a totally different machine then, and the new backing plate should hold on to the pads better too.

Post Thanks / Like

LC....are my choice of pads.....CCS,Hydro and compressor pads

Post Thanks / Like

i really like the lc pads too. you may want to change out your gg 6 backing plate for a lc backing plate if you plan on using lc pads exclusively since they are made for each other.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking I might need to change the back plate. I had the notion that I should have did that when I placed my order here a couple weeks ago. I ended up buying the 6.5" to fit the 6" GG plate and they do seem a little large. Bad thing is I bought 2 of each pad so thinking it will be a couple years before I need more pads again. I also thought about chucking the handle but I don`t use the machine that often and it is kind of nice it is there. Even though I am not that old it seems to get to my muscles I hardly use and is kind of nice to be able to hang onto it with both hands doing the sides of the car.

Thanks for the advice on the backing plate. I will have to keep that in mind down the road when I need more pads. Not sure how good the 6.5" pads will fit the small backing plate so that may not be such a good idea. Oh well hind sight is 20/20.

Thanks,
    Dean.
    Dean.

Thread Information