I am still learning the ins and outs of detailing and I can say for one thing that brands make a difference. I have a GG 6" DA machine and it makes easy work of detailing over doing it by hand. Today I got a chance to try out Lake Country`s cool wave pads in orange and white. I had used GG orange pad for polishing and Meg Ultimate Polish until it kind of exploded and that was after the 2nd use. I had done a polishing but it wasn`t the best since my GG pad was disintegrating before I got done and never really got it looking good a few weeks ago. Since I have a couple days off from work and getting paid for it(lack of work and took some vacation), I decided to strip the car and try again. I can`t believe how well the orange cool wave pad worked compared to the GG orange pad for polishing. I had a few major scratches that I couldn`t get out but it took care of most of the towel marks that didn`t come out a few weeks ago, I do have a few that I could still see and I worked them a little longer but gave up they seemed a little deeper and didn`t want to polish to much in one spot.

The only downside to these pads is the white pad didn`t seem like it stuck as well to backing plate as the orange one did. That is the only thing that GG pads have over the LC pads, the GG pads I have a hell of a time peeling them off the backing plate. Those pads seem to have a softer loop on the pad versus the LC pads.

I managed to get a coat of BFAFPP on tonight and tomorrow it will be a coat of BFCS then I will have to post up some pics of the detail.

Dean.