Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Meg`s MF 5 Inch pads or 6 inch? About to order, help

Hello,

Sorry for the long post and so many questions in advance

I am looking to order either 5 inch or 6 inch Meg`s Microfiber cutting pads.

My new (to me) Monaco Blue BMW is pretty messed up with holograms, swirls marks, and minor scratches. It has an extremely hard clear coat that takes forever to correct with my PCXP even with a Yellow or orange LC pad, or Green Adam`s pad with megs 105. I only tried to do a 2x2 section of the hood and it came out nice after about 10-12 passes lol

I am hoping this will help make my correction time go faster but at the same time I want the new Microfiber pads to work the best and would like your guys input.

Would I be better off with the 5 inch or 6 inch pads for a very hard clear coat?

Is a PCXP strong enough for the 6 inch pads?

I have an adam`s backing plate, will this be good for the 5 or 6 inch meg`s microfiber pads or should I order a new one?
    Polishing Pad System | Auto Detail | PC Backing Plate

I plan on correcting the car with the Microfiber pads using megs 105, than polishing with a regular white or black LC or Adams pad with megs 205.
    IPA wipe down, than Wolfgang 3.0 sealant, than Adams Brilliant Glaze, topped with Pinnacle Souveran.

I am about to put an order in with Autopia Car Care Products - Car Detailing Supplies, Car Wax, Car Polishers, Auto Detailing
    I am going to get:
    2 sets of (2pack) 5 or 6 inch MF Cutting pads
    and a megs pad conditioning brush

Is four MF cutting pads enough to finish a 4 door BMW 5 series, without stopping?

I already have 25oz of Megs 105 left, is the D300 worth getting or not needed with the MF cutting pads?

Any other must have product, pads, or tools you guys would order?

I have tons of 4 inch, 5 inch, 6 inch, and 7 inch foam pads already, Adam`s, LC, or CCX in multiples and just about every color.
    Compounds available Megs 105, 205, Adam`s Severe swirl and haze remover, swirl and haze remover, and fine machine polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meg`s MF 5 Inch pads or 6 inch? About to order, help

If it`s for a PCXP then get the 5 inch, if it`s for a rotary get the 6 inch
    Get your shine on!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Geaff500 View Post
    Is a PCXP strong enough for the 6 inch pads?
    No it`s not
    Get your shine on!

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with the other guys 5" pads for the PC
    Official Selected Team Member of the Air Force One Detailing Team
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE-8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

Having had a Monaco blue bmw, get yourself a better polisher.

I can tell you for a fact, I have never needed a yellow pad.

So IMHO get a better polisher and polishes

Sorry
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Having had a Monaco blue bmw, get yourself a better polisher.

I can tell you for a fact, I have never needed a yellow pad.

So IMHO get a better polisher and polishes

Sorry
    Like what? I`m new to correction and not comfortable enough to get a flex yet and a rupes is too much money.

As far as DA`s go a PC XP is about as good or better than anything out there except a Griot`s (which I wish I would have known before I purchased the PCXP a year ago lol)

I only polish as a hobby and don`t think its worth laying out the money to get just a slightly better machine in the Griot`s.

The Adam`s polishes I have my brother`s paid for so I could use them on both of their brand new Audi`s.

The 105 and 205 I got to correct my 2008 BMW 535xi, which other polishes would you recommend to correct a pretty messed up car?

I`ve heard good things about Meg`s 101 (that there is ever more cut than 105), should I just get the 5 inch Megs MF cutting pads 32oz of 101 and polish out with foam pads with 205?

I was going to buy Menzerna polishes to keep my car nice later, but I have to correct 5 years of neglect from the previous owner before that. From what I`ve read FG 400 is good but 105 is already a little better for heavy correction, let alone megs 101.

What year was your Monaco Blue BMW? I`m pretty sure my 2008 has a ceramic clear because it doesn`t give for anything.

Post Thanks / Like

M101 will have more cut. By the only other compound close to 105 might be Menzerna FG400 or CG V32. But neither may have as much cut as 105 or 101.

If you`re anywhere near El Paso I`d give you 8 oz of 101. 32oz takes forever to go through for a personal detailer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ec90 View Post
    M101 will have more cut. By the only other compound close to 105 might be Menzerna FG400 or CG V32. But neither may have as much cut as 105 or 101.

If you`re anywhere near El Paso I`d give you 8 oz of 101. 32oz takes forever to go through for a personal detailer.
    Much appreciated! but I live near Scranton P.A.

Post Thanks / Like

Like what? I`m new to correction and not comfortable enough to get a flex yet and a rupes is too much money.

As far as DA`s go a PC XP is about as good or better than anything out there except a Griot`s (which I wish I would have known before I purchased the PCXP a year ago lol)

I only polish as a hobby and don`t think its worth laying out the money to get just a slightly better machine in the Griot`s.

The Adam`s polishes I have my brother`s paid for so I could use them on both of their brand new Audi`s.

The 105 and 205 I got to correct my 2008 BMW 535xi, which other polishes would you recommend to correct a pretty messed up car?

I`ve heard good things about Meg`s 101 (that there is ever more cut than 105), should I just get the 5 inch Megs MF cutting pads 32oz of 101 and polish out with foam pads with 205?

I was going to buy Menzerna polishes to keep my car nice later, but I have to correct 5 years of neglect from the previous owner before that. From what I`ve read FG 400 is good but 105 is already a little better for heavy correction, let alone megs 101.

What year was your Monaco Blue BMW? I`m pretty sure my 2008 has a ceramic clear because it doesn`t give for anything.
    I had 2008 Monaco blue 535xi and 2008 335 is montego blue

I use flex and ffor those I had best luck with PB pro polish2 and PB ssr 2.5, 2 and 1
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I had 2008 Monaco blue 535xi and 2008 335 is montego blue

I use flex and ffor those I had best luck with PB pro polish2 and PB ssr 2.5, 2 and 1
    Your clear was easy to work with using the flex? After I get comfortable using a DA I`m going to step up to a flex but really not ready yet.

lol I wish I had purchased your car, I was so concentrated on making sure everything was working and getting a pre purchase inspection on the car I bought that I didn`t take the time to carefully look over the paint.

The dealer added some kind of glaze or something that hid most of the defects and when I washed it thoroughly for the first time I saw beat up paint with tons of rock chips, swirls, scratches, holograms etc.

Did you have natural brown interior too?

Post Thanks / Like

Your clear was easy to work with using the flex? After I get comfortable using a DA I`m going to step up to a flex but really not ready yet.

lol I wish I had purchased your car, I was so concentrated on making sure everything was working and getting a pre purchase inspection on the car I bought that I didn`t take the time to carefully look over the paint.

The dealer added some kind of glaze or something that hid most of the defects and when I washed it thoroughly for the first time I saw beat up paint with tons of rock chips, swirls, scratches, holograms etc.

Did you have natural brown interior too?
    One had beige, one had cream.

All dealers use a glaze type filling wax, mine did too did too. Since then, I take my cars with NO dealer paint prep.

THis is what I have now

Honestly though I do believe that if you get a better polisher and polishes you would have a TON better correction.

What I did with my old pc is change it to a 3" pad for tight areas. The flex obsoleted the pc on the first try

Post Thanks / Like

One had beige, one had cream.

All dealers use a glaze type filling wax, mine did too did too. Since then, I take my cars with NO dealer paint prep.

THis is what I have now

Honestly though I do believe that if you get a better polisher and polishes you would have a TON better correction.

What I did with my old pc is change it to a 3" pad for tight areas. The flex obsoleted the pc on the first try
    Beautiful!, is it a M3 vert or 335 vert with M sport pack. My sister has a 335 vert in the dark silver with red leather.

I realize I could do with a better polisher but I`m not ready yet to step up, as far as polishes go 105/205 are very good, if you had good luck with poor boys polishes on your bimmers I might look into those instead of paying more money for menzerna.

The Adam`s polishes have their place also but not to be used on a tattered car (like I said before I didn`t pay for them either)

Here are my brother`s two new audis, clay bar, adams swirl and haze remover, adams machine polish, and adams buttery wax.
    My sister and brother`s cars (Audi S5, Audi TT S, and 335i vert) were all European delivery where they picked them up in Germany and got to drive them on the Autobahn a really neat experience. My sister wanted to do it again for her X5 but they are unfortunately made in Virginia so she couldn`t go again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty cars

Mine is the 335 IS

I traded my old 335 for the S5 Cab (sexiest car made) but it left me on the side of the road 5 times in under a year. = History. Back to what I know and trust.

If you want to try something, try the 101-205, then hit it with some black hole and natty`s blue wax. That`ll float your boat. Look for some of my past threads, and one call it`s a cover up. Dealer washed my JB 530 with a freakin brush in winter so I had to do something.

It`ll make the car look better than new

Post Thanks / Like

. My sister wanted to do it again for her X5 but they are unfortunately made in Virginia so she couldn`t go again.
    Have her do performance center deliver In NC

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty cars

Mine is the 335 IS

I traded my old 335 for the S5 Cab (sexiest car made) but it left me on the side of the road 5 times in under a year. = History. Back to what I know and trust.

If you want to try something, try the 101-205, then hit it with some black hole and natty`s blue wax. That`ll float your boat. Look for some of my past threads, and one call it`s a cover up. Dealer washed my JB 530 with a freakin brush in winter so I had to do something.

It`ll make the car look better than new
    IS cab so it still has N54 instead of getting the N55, good call!

I`m going to do 5 inch Megs MF cutting pads with 105, white pad with 205, I want to seal glaze and wax.

LSP I have already:
    Sealants:
    Adam`s Machine Super Sealant
    Adam`s Spray Sealant
    Wolfgangs sealant 3.0

Glaze:
    Adam`s Brilliant Glaze

Wax:
    Adam`s Buttery Wax
    Nanoskin Hyrdrophobic wax
    Natty`s Blue
    Pinnacle Souveran

So after polishing I was going to Wolfgang`s seal, glaze with Adam`s brilliant, and wax with Pinnacle Souveran.

Is black hole that good?? I saw it for sale before and considered ordering it.

So I could do Black hole than wolfgang`s seal 3.0 than Souveran, is that the correct order???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information