Post Thanks / Like

Question Lake Country pads or Chemical Guys Hex-Logic pads?

When I get to it I am going to strip and polish my wife`s Ford Edge. I will seal with Chemical Guys V-7. The people at Chemical Guys recommended their P-40 polish to use before the V-7. I have some V-40 but haven`t had a chance to use it yet. While visiting with them, they are real hot ( of course) on their green Hex-Logic polishing pad for what I am going to do. I have 2 or 3 of the Lake Country green pads and was wondering if I would see any difference in performance between to two enough to warrant ordering several of the Hex-Logic. They talk a good story but everyone has their line of "Mumbo-Jumbo" and I don`t want to spend money if I won`t see any difference. Opinions please!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Country pads or Chemical Guys Hex-Logic pads?

I believe (but can`t verify) that most foam formulations come from the same few manufacturers. Foam composition, stiffness and pores per inch are largely what governs cut, not the fancy designs on the surface.
    Chris
    2004 Lexus IS200
    2009 Nissan Qashqai

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Country pads or Chemical Guys Hex-Logic pads?

For the a DA, I think the patterns in pads do not mean much. It does affect the feel during use (due to pad contact area) somewhat but cannot say if it really works better (such as CCS vs flat). I think it is more marketing than anything else.

I still do not understand why pads with pockets, ridges, grooves, other indentions are better for diminishing abrasive polishes since I would think you want all the polish to diminish evenly and these recesses can only impede the evenly breakdown. I could theorize that when you lift pressure on the final finishing passes (for those that do that rather than slow down polisher) you could see "less" diminished polish basically negating your finishing passes. Of course, again I have no clue or seen real evidence of this. It may be inconsequential.

I use flat pads usually but do have some ccs.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Thread Information