Thread: Which Menzerna

Post Thanks / Like

Which Menzerna

I am new to the forum and new to polishing. I have always meticulously maintained my vehicles with waxing several times/year but never polish. I plan on purchasing a PC 7424 and after researching polish, I think I am going with Menzerna. Looking through all the Menzerna options though, I am not sure which to go with. No major flaws on vehicles. Some light scratching/spiderwebbing from normal wash/dry. Also, on one of my vehicles the hood was just repainted and the body shop left swirls from their buffing. This is what I really need to get out. Thoughts on which Menzerna products?

Thanks,
    Rob

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Menzerna

Power Finish is a great medium polish. Nano Finish is excellent for finishing.

If you have soft black paint, 85RD is a must.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What type of car it is first? With Menzerna IMO is to know the paint ( soft or hard ) to know which product to try in removing any swirls. But from repaints I would go with SIP, PO106FA then finish up with PO85RD. It`s always good to have on hand a compound product if the clear is very hard.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rob621 View Post
    I am new to the forum and new to polishing. I have always meticulously maintained my vehicles with waxing several times/year but never polish. I plan on purchasing a PC 7424 and after researching polish, I think I am going with Menzerna. Looking through all the Menzerna options though, I am not sure which to go with. No major flaws on vehicles. Some light scratching/spiderwebbing from normal wash/dry. Also, on one of my vehicles the hood was just repainted and the body shop left swirls from their buffing. This is what I really need to get out. Thoughts on which Menzerna products?

Thanks,
    Rob

Hi Rob,

First of all, WELCOME TO AUTOPIAFORUMS! !!

Menzerna`s line of correction polishes (polishing compounds) is world-class, no-doubt! This is an excellence choice for beginners, experts, professionals, and EVERYBODY in between who desires a truly flawless finish!

They do offer a lot of polishes, and there is some over lap, as their original market was the OEM (car manufacturer) level. On the assembly line products can be tweaked to work at different speeds, on different paints, etc. The benefit is that, we as the consumer, have a wide variety of options to choose from. The down side is that it can get a little confusing.

I copied and pasted the following from this thread: http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...ing-chart.html

Menzerna Label Updates.

Menzerna and Menzerna USA are rolling out their new labels. We are introducing them as the run out of stock on the old labels. This thread should help clear up any confusion.

Menzerna Compound

PO34SA Powergloss → PG1000 (Power Gloss)

Menzerna Polishes

PO83/PO83.02 Super Intensive Polish → SI1500 (Super Intensive)

PO91E Intensive Polish → IP2000 (Intensive Polish)

PO203s Power Finish → PF2500 (Power Finish)

Menzerna Finishing Polishes

PO85U Final Finish → FF3000 (Final Finish)

PO106FA Super `Nano` Finish → SF4000 Super Finish

PO85RD Final Polish → SF4500 Super Finish

Notes: Both PO106FA and PO85RD are called Super Finish, the difference being in the part/label number.

When it comes to choosing the right polishes (and pads) it is always best to keep it simple when you are first starting out. Polishes are categorized by the level of correction they can achieve.

• Compound
    • Polish/Swirl Mark Remover
    • Finishing Polish

A compound is used to remove the most serious defects but will often require 1-2 follow up steps of polishing because it will likely leave behind ultra fine polishing swirl marks.

Compound
    Menzerna PG1000

Use PG1000 with a yellow or orange foam pad to remove serious paint defects.

Polishes/Swirl Mark Removers

A Polisher or Swirl Mark Remover is a medium grade polish that is designed to remove moderate paint defects such as a swirl marks, towel marks, light staining, and deeper compounding swirl marks.

SI1500

SI1500 is one of the staples of many a paint polishers` arsenal. This is an aggressive swirl mark remover that will remove swirl marks and deeper towel marks from harder paint systems. Use with an orange or white pad (or comparable). SI1500 finishes quite nicely.

IP2000

IP2000 is one of the original polish formulas introduced to the detailing market. IP2000 is great on older, weather-worn, and oxidized paint systems because it is a drier formula that tends to dust (keeping the polishing surface clean). In most cases it will not cut quite as strongly or finish quite as nicely as SI1500, but on weather worn paints with a wool pad is a life saver.

PF2500

P2500 is a light cutting swirl mark remover that, when used with a softer polishing pad, can remove moderate paint defects while leaving a swirl free finish. It is often used as in one-step applications.

Finishing Polishes

Finishing Polishes are designed to create high-gloss, swirl-free finishes. These are often used with a soft finishing or polishing pad. Use them to restore brilliance to lightly swirled paint, restore full gloss after using a medium grade polish, or to remove extremely light compound swirl.

FF3000

FF3000 is an older design finishing polish that offers good cutting power. The LONG working time allows FF3000 to remove compounding swirl marks left behind from PG1000 on fresh paint. If you are looking to 2 step with Power Gloss this a great option, other wise SF4000 or SF4500 will generally give a higher-gloss, better finish.

SF4000

SF4000 is the original hard clear coat finishing polish. It creates a mirror like gloss on most high-solid finishes. Use with a white foam pad or similar. This is a great choice if you have very light swirl marks and want a flawless finish.

SF4500

SF4500 produces super high gloss, flawless finishes. It doesn`t have a lot of polishing power so it should only be used after one of Menzerna`s polishes, but offers the highest gloss potential.

Post Thanks / Like

Power Finish on a 6.5" LC White pad coupled with my Griot`s D/A. I think that`ll be sufficient for most needs.
    Kyle

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Rob welcome to AF! As a long time menzerna faithful I`ve used it for years! As todd showed there is a bunch of different one`s which can be confusing for picking the right products. I recently switched the blackfire line.
    BLACKFIRE Scratch Resistant Clear Compound
    $29.99

BLACKFIRE SRC Finishing Polish
    $29.99
    BLACKFIRE Duo
    $49.99

With these 2 products you can pretty much accomplish and get results you want on anything you want unless its really really messed up then you might need to step the compound. Just my 2 cents probably save money only buying those 2 instead of 3-4 bottles of menz. Oarnge CCS pad works wonders with SRC Compound(Probably use this to get rid of the buffer swirls on your hood) Follow it with a white ccs pad and Finishing. If the rest of the car isn`t to bad Src finishing polish and a white pad actually carry enought bite to get right medium/light swirls and scratches. I think Menz actually helped design these too

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjlinane View Post
    Power Finish is a great medium polish. Nano Finish is excellent for finishing.

If you have soft black paint, 85RD is a must.
    this is what i use on my jet black bmw...does the trick everytime.

Thread Information