Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reviewed: FLEX PE14-2-150 Rotary Polisher

Quote Originally Posted by daveinsweethome View Post
    i own a de walt and the makita and never got comfortable with either. into the drawer they went. in fact i would sell them in a minute. got the 14-2-150 and since i do a lot of daily drivers and beaters i started with compounds and fell in love with the tool. being a old fart it just makes my life easier to get the cars done with great results. a pound or two on the tool when doing 3/4 ton hd pickups and suburbans is big. i save at least one hour per detail and can actually walk away tired not doubled over. a big yes on this one.
    I used nothing but the Makita for years and (still) love that machine. After years it was literally a second extension of my arm. Great balance, smooth, etc. The I used and fell in love with the FLEX PE14. Now, by comparison, the Makita feels heavy and bulky (I NEVER thought I would say this).

Ultimately, the best rotary polisher for somebody is going to be the one that is the most comfortable to use. We carry a great selection of rotaries, and everybody has their favorite. There are no wrong or right answers. For me though, the PE14 gives me the best results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jetset4me View Post
    I finally got to use it a TNOG at Meguiar`s in Irvine, CA. last Thursday night. I own an old Cadillac and the paint was hard and full of swirls. I ended up using Megs 105 and a light wool cutting pad and finishing with Megs 205 and a black pad. The Flex performed flawlessly and the swirls were gone. Can`t wait to use it on the GF`s car this week.
    Great. How are the microfiber pads with the new Flex?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jetset4me View Post
    Great. How are the microfiber pads with the new Flex?
    I personally think microfiber pads work best on dual action orbital polishers. However if you prefer the feel and working of these pads on a rotary, then I am sure you will love them on the PE14-2-150.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got my FLEX PE14-2 in the mail today! Very excited to try it out on the first car Saturday. I was holding it and it feels light and perfectly weighted. I think it`s going to be a dream to use. I do love my Makita, but the feel and sound of the FLEX have me thinking I might have a new favorite...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Refined AD View Post
    I just got my FLEX PE14-2 in the mail today! Very excited to try it out on the first car Saturday. I was holding it and it feels light and perfectly weighted. I think it`s going to be a dream to use. I do love my Makita, but the feel and sound of the FLEX have me thinking I might have a new favorite...
    Make sure you let us know how you like it. I think you will be very impressed!

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Refined AD View Post
    I`m jealous......jr.......enjoy it!
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Still my all time favorite polisher!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Still my all time favorite polisher!
    Wow! Big statement, Mr. Helme! Question... Would this be your pick for the best polisher for a beginner to purchase? I assume the lower RPM, lighter weight, and maneuverability all benefit a newbie, while being nice for a skilled artisan such as yourself?

While I would be practicing for ages before I put rotary to paint on a vehicle (as opposed to a test hood/panel), I really want to be able to use a rotary polisher for the burnishing/jeweling step that cannot be accomplished using DA polishers. Other than that, I don`t do any real correction work that would require the power of a rotary, as an enthusiast. What I am needing, is more shine

Thanks Todd!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by radarryan View Post
    Wow! Big statement, Mr. Helme! Question... Would this be your pick for the best polisher for a beginner to purchase? I assume the lower RPM, lighter weight, and maneuverability all benefit a newbie, while being nice for a skilled artisan such as yourself?
    To me, the FLEX PE is the pinnacle of rotary polishers for all of the reasons you mentioned above. Smooth, light, cool running, easy-to-use, quite, etc... These attributes benefit both the seasoned pro and the beginning rotary user.

While I would be practicing for ages before I put rotary to paint on a vehicle (as opposed to a test hood/panel), I really want to be able to use a rotary polisher for the burnishing/jeweling step that cannot be accomplished using DA polishers. Other than that, I don`t do any real correction work that would require the power of a rotary, as an enthusiast. What I am needing, is more shine
    The DA polisher can produce equal levels of shine, no problem. Maybe I will go into a more detailed explanation today. Keep in mind that most of the old-school rotary users who claimed they couldn`t get as good of a finish with a DA simply don`t have as much experience with a DA. If you have 10 years experience with a rotary and 3 days with a DA, you should be able to achieve a better finish with the rotary.

Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding article Todd! I have a PE on its way in the mail and can`t wait to get my hands on it.

Could I ask your personnel favorite plate and pads?
    Practice doesnt make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack" (aka Mike)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smack View Post
    Outstanding article Todd! I have a PE on its way in the mail and can`t wait to get my hands on it.

I like the Flex-Foam HD Backing Plate - Flex-Foam HD Rotary Backing Plate

As far as pads, I like 5.5 inch CCS pads

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smack View Post

You misspelled the word "dosent" Should be - doesn`t -

Dan F

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information