Post Thanks / Like

2012 bmw 550xi micro scratches

I picked up my 550xi last night in carbon black and today when i saw it in daylight i noticed the ENTIRE car has fine scratches/swirl marks. I am perfectionist when it comes to my cars and needless to say was extremely upset. I called the dealer and he said "it is normal for metallic paint" which is BS. I had gotten the package that includes xzilon and he said when they put it on the scratches will disappear. Does anyone know if that is true or is there something else i should ask them to put/do for it. I have some detailing stuff of my own at home but don`t want to make it worse. Has this happened to anyone else? You only can see it in direct sunlight but when you do its not pretty.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2012 bmw 550xi micro scratches

Doubt it. You should find a reputable detailer in your area to get it taken care of. Do not allow dealers to touch your paint - even after maintenance - if you can help it.

Can you get your money back for the treatment? It isn`t what you think it is. Read the fine print.

Post Thanks / Like

BTW - this is common on new cars. You inadvertently got the DISO (Dealer Installed Swirl Option)

Post Thanks / Like
    Where are you located.

It can be fixed by a reputable detailer. I would not allow the dealer to touch the paint. If the car is new they are probably the ones that caused the damage. It`s a common thing that happens too.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

"It is normal for metallic paint" - only if touched by non-professional car washers/hackers.

This is terrible treatment of a BMW ! I am so sorry that this happened to you.

Please consider not applying any Dealer supplied/sold paint treatments to your paint. They are all a waste of money, and time. I have never seen one of hundreds that really did what the brochure said it was going to do.

The money saved from not buying into this could be better spent getting your paintwork corrected and applying one of the newer coatings for paint, such as Opti-Coat from Optimum products, sold here. There are also other options that are not as permanent, and will work really well.

Are you sure that color is called Carbon Black? It looks way lighter in color than the Carbon Black I have seen on older Bimmers.

Where are you located? Perhaps somone on this Forum is close by and can come over and help you with a solution.

Good luck with this !
    Dan F

Thread Information