Post Thanks / Like

Rupes vs. LC Hydro vs. Buff n Shine pads

Anybody have any experience or thoughts using these pads? Was wondering which pads would be similar to each other in terms of PPI. What I have in my collection so far are all the Hydrotech pads, 2 each of the yellow and green Buff n Shine pads, and am now waiting for my Yellow and White pads that I bought from Kevin. I also have some other LC pads such as the white and black ccs, and flat pads that I don`t even use anymore that I`m going to just give to my older brother since he needs some pads to use.

The one compounding pad I like so far is the Hydrotech Cyan blue pad that I had a chance to use on a friend`s Mazda 6. Not sure what year it is, but it`s that deep plum metallic pearl color. It was covered in heavy water spots and other defects and using the LC Hydrotech Cyan pad paired with M301 removed all but the faintest swirls. I was pretty satisfied with the way it turned out considering my first time use with this combo. Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes vs. LC Hydro vs. Buff n Shine pads

I am in to see the results. I have used hydrotech pads but just ordered an assortment of buff n shine pads. From what I`ve read, the buff and shines last longer but the hydrotechs finish out better.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

The Lake Country Hydro-Shreds are great pads for what they do - I use all 3 colors - Cyan, Tangerine, and Red (Crimson?) all the time with Rotary Power. They get to the point quickly, and finish down about perfectly.
    Now, if they didnt shred, it would be a match made in heaven !

Have just gotten some Buff n Shine pads; many here and other places speak very highly of them. They could be very good as well.

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    The Lake Country Hydro-Shreds are great pads for what they do - I use all 3 colors - Cyan, Tangerine, and Red (Crimson?) all the time with Rotary Power. They get to the point quickly, and finish down about perfectly.
    Now, if they didnt shred, it would be a match made in heaven !

Have just gotten some Buff n Shine pads; many here and other places speak very highly of them. They could be very good as well.

Dan F
    Dan, how much use do you get out of using the hydrotech pads using them on a rotary? Granted I`ve never seen or experienced any shredding that you speak of since I have only used them on my PC/Griot`s. Do you have a Rupes? Have you tried out their pads yet?

I am anxious to see how the BnS pads and Rupes pads fair against each other since the Hydrotech Cyan pad has performed better than expected.

Post Thanks / Like

Rupes yellow and white are great for cars with soft paint with a medium polish like sonax perfect finish. Have not tried hydrotechs or bns pads yet. I do have yellow bns pads that I will use for compounding. I will not try the hydrotechs because several people have complained about them shredding.

Post Thanks / Like

Like to know about these pads too

Thread Information