This is my brief write up of the new Flex DA polisher...

Yesterday was nice enough to give it a try on my Murano. I had some fine swirl marks in spots from sand and other winter destructions...I used my Flex polisher, a white 6.5" CCS pad and some Menzerna Final Polish.

Size: It has a rotary look and feel to it, its long and uses a trigger to turn the device on and off, with a handle up front to allow for easy movement. I did not attach the side handle as I felt its not needed...

Its lighter then a rotary and shorter, although heavier then a PC. The unit feels solid. Its ize though does make it difficult to get into tighter areas.

Operation: Its a fairly smooth running machine. It can tend to pull in one direction especially at higher RPM`s. However it was not that hard to keep it going where you wanted it to.

As far as loudness, it generates a different type of noise, not as high pitched as a PC, but its probably just as loud. It has significantly less Vibration then a PC, which after doing a panel helps as your hand does not get tingly as fast...

Polishing: Here is where it shines. It works much faster then a PC, its higher RPM`s I found can break down the product in half of the time it would take a PC. Placing it between a PC and a rotary, closer to a rotary in that aspect of its operation. I can only judge by my car but it removed the swirls with one pass, although I am sure the PC could have done the same just with a little more effort. I have two cars coming up to do, that I know are in rough shape so I will test its strength there.

Dislikes: Speed adjustment placement. I first spread my polish with the machine off, then set it to 1 or 2 to spread it evenly around the area, before working it up to 5 or 6 depending on its need. Now where this is located is on the side of the handle, which during operation makes it very difficult to change speeds on the fly. I almost wish it were on top of the unit much like my rotary. I found my self stopping, removing the machine from the surface and adjusting the speed.

Concerns: I made this category as I think there is a solution coming out for this soon. Because of its setup being intermeshed so to speak like a gear with its backing plate, you are limited to the backing plate that comes on the machine. However it appears that edge might be making a adapter for this, which would be nice to stick on some smaller lets say 4" pads for when you want to just address a smaller area.

Overall: This is based on only one use but it seems like its very well built. It will replace my PC as far as a go to polisher when the defects aren`t bad enough that a rotary is the only solution. However because of its size I may still use the PC in some tighter areas. I think its price tag is very high and should probably be in line with some of the higher priced rotaries. While its potential to do damage based on its RPM level being greater, I don`t think any of the detailers on this board would run into trouble.

Thanks for reading...