Thread: Hello ....

Post Thanks / Like

Hello ....

.... My name is Kevin and I have a problem. Detailing has become an addiction and it`s all DC`s fault. Four years ago I joined this fine site and I have been spending money on detailing ever since. I need medical help . Granted the site sponsors with their deals and giveaways help save money, its still an addiction. How many polishes, waxes, APCs, or polishes does one actually need???

Proof: I have recently been searching Ebay to see what rotary polishers were listed - Flex, Metabo, Makita, Dewalt, Dynabrade. Well today I saw a Makita 9227CX4 ending soon so I placed a bid and now I have a Makita rotary coming my way. It`s a whole kit seen here:

Well sure getting a rotary polisher is fine BUT I already have a PC7424, UDM and a CE Rotary. Is having 4 polishers a bad thing?

What`s worse is that I`m thinking of switching to the Edge system. I already have 30-40 LC pads and assorted BPs ranging from 3.75" to 6" for both the DAs and rotary polishers. Switching over to Edge for rotary work is going to add up fast $$$$. HELP
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hello ....

I feel your pain...Its become an obsession really. And any time the sponsors come up with some new deal or offer, I end up ordering something from them. Nothing wrong with having multiple buffers. I have the PC 7424, the PC 7428 and I just ordered the new Flex DA from Autogeek and I am waiting to have run with that.

If you need a buddy to talk to feel free to give me a call, like if you feel this need to order something and you need someone to talk you down...you can call me and I can help...well for about 5 minutes until we both convince eachother its probably best to just order it anyways.

If you switch to edge and you want to unload some of the LC pads let me know. I will take some off yours hands.
    I like beer. On occasion I will even drink a beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of communism or the fact that our refrigerator is still working.

Stephan`s Detailing
    Portland CT.

XBox Live - mr detailer

Post Thanks / Like

It is a condition that affects many in the detailing world. Yet recovery is not recommended. Continueing on your path will keep your cars looking worth while. It is really money in the bank. Consider the amount of money spent on detailing supplies to the amount of money spent to purchase a quality vehicle. I also like to buy things that do not limit me in their scope. If the latest purchase raises the bar in your ability to detail it is money well spent.

Attention to the details is good not only for your cars but life in general. OCD should be applauded and encouraged. So I am doing just that.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by budman3 View Post
    I have a Makita rotary coming my way. It`s a whole kit seen here:

C`mon budman, you got that just for the calendar!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blk45 View Post
    C`mon budman, you got that just for the calendar!
    Hmm... nah ... getting the whole kit for about $20 less than just the buffer on Ebay is what really made me buy it ... yeah, that`s my excuse

Back to reality, it is a good investment (at least that`s what I`m telling myself). I`m looking forward comparing my 2 rotaries and hopefully find that the Makita is a step above the CE one. Then with time I`ll become more proficient with a rotary which would lead to more customers which would lead to more money to spend on my addiction . I figured I`d probably be getting a new polisher in the future anyhow, and I`ll gladly take the Makita at half the price of a Flex, which will probably be more practical in the end.

So I guess there`s no to the addiction ...

Post Thanks / Like

I am in the process of organizing my products and putting them in 4 oz, 8 oz and 12 oz. bottles. Well ... I am worse than I thought. I have 3 bottles of SSR2.5, 3 bottles of Wolfgang DGPS, 2 bottles of SSR1, 2 bottles of OP, 2 bottles of OHC, 3 bottles of OCW (plus 1/4 gallon), 2 bottles of Opti-seal, etc.

Not to mention pads, clay, soaps, etc.........

Post Thanks / Like

Nice calendar!

2015 Nissan Pathfinder, Platinum
    2012 Fiat 500 Sport
    2010 Mazda CX-7 iSport
    2000 Nissan Frontier XE

"Life`ll Kill Ya" - Warren Zevon

Thread Information