Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Ultimate Detailing Machine

When will the Ultimate Detailing Machine be on the Autogeek website ?????????????

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ultimate Detailing Machine

I just won one in a contest their forums were having and I was told they would have them in a few weeks. I don`t know if they`ll do pre orders for them when they have a ship date known for sure, but I would expect them to be available by the first of July based on what I`ve heard and seen around the boards.

Post Thanks / Like

??????????

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Anthony
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m way excited about it. My PC is several years old now and while I don`t have any reason to retire it, I`ve been thinking about stepping up to something with a little more kick. This tool sounds really interesting.

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Be sure to keep us updated, we can never have too many tools (mfs, waxes etc )
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

Post Thanks / Like

Jngrbrdman,

Make sure you send it to the correct Utah address. You do have mine don`t you? As always you`re more that welcome to use anything I have.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

I also won one from AG yesterday and will be recieving it next week... I will keep everyone posted .
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

Post Thanks / Like

I have to wait a bit longer for mine since I wanted it to be all stickered out. I couldn`t post pictures of it or of me using it unless it has the stickers on it. Meghan said it would be another 3 weeks before they had them to send out that way.

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

To whomever gets theirs to review......

Work the snot out of them! I want to see some decent reviews. The only reviews I have seen were not on swirled cars, and not very informative. They did say though, that they vibrated just as bad as the PC...

I want to see them in action and busting swirls. Not just a write up...... That will sway my decision then. I won`t buy a hyped up PC on just words...you have to show me the money........
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

I opted for the all black version, so I won`t be able to post pictures of the machine itself.... but I will definitely put the machine through it`s paces... and with the help of my new Brinkmann light, I`ll be sure to post indept pictures of before and afters.

I have an estimated delivery of Wednesday, 6/6, so you can expect to hear my thoughts after that point in time.
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

Post Thanks / Like

Looks very similar to 7424. The Griot`s Garage 10925 is another machine you guys should look into. I`ve been using the Griot`s machine for 2 years now with very good results. Its more powerful than the 7424 and comes with a life time warranty. Plus it doesn`t rattle my hands like my old PC. It would be interesting to see how The Ultimate Detail Machine compares to my 10925.
    "Take the best that exits and make it better. If it doesn`t exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough."
    - Sir Henry Royce (co founder of Rolls Royce)

Post Thanks / Like

testing units should be out in the owners hands now. The preorders are available on site (go to new section -- 3 choices) and I heard from Meghan some units started to ship this morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Other than the claim that its better than the PC (the UDM just may be), I didn`t see too many similarities between the UDM and the Griot`s machine. After all they all look somewhat similar. I believe this to be a good thing.

Waxalot, I mean no offense, I`m glad yours has been good to you. I was one of the "early adopters" of the Griot`s machine. As in I tried one out very early on. I had a gift certificate and thought what the heck. I saw zero advantage to it over the PC and sent it back. It certainly had as much vibration as my PC.

I traded it for Griots bar stools, I`m completely happy with them. You can`t beat their no questions asked return policy. By the way if your looking for good garage stools the Craftsman stools are very nice and cost less than half of the Griot`s.

The Griot`s machine had an odd backing plate/pad setup as well. It wouldn`t utilize the Edge system and that may well have swayed my opinion to some degree also. I know I have read similar comments on the UDM but believe they are working on a resolution to this.

Most of the reviews that I read on Griot`s machine seemed to have a similar opinion to mine. I believe there was another person on DC who tried it and sent it back also (though I can`t remember who it was). I`m not jumping on the UDM just yet but am anxious to read the reviews as they come out. I don`t have another gift certificate so I`ll approach this one a little more cautiously. I know there are a lot of choices out there (i.e. Cyclo) but have kind of come to the conclusion that if it`s too much of a problem for the PC it`s time to pull out my rotary. I`m sure there are many who only want one machine and maybe that`s the UDM.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killr@autogeek View Post
    testing units should be out in the owners hands now. The preorders are available on site (go to new section -- 3 choices) and I heard from Meghan some units started to ship this morning.
    15% off right now is nice too....
    Gravity is a contributing factor in nearly 73 percent of all accidents involving falling objects. -Dave Barry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information