Thread: New toy-buffer

Post Thanks / Like

New toy-buffer

so today my mommy took me shopping for a vacuum. we went to one of those last chance places ( i have maybe 20sq ft of carpet and don`t need anything to nuts). i ended up with a bissel vacuum. when we where going yo pay i saw a buffer/sander. it had no price so we brought it up to see how much it was. It was 60 bucks Canadian (which is what it would cost online plus shipping so its an OK deal). i wasn`t going to buy it when my mom was like will take it. i was like i dint really have 60 bucks i want to spend on a buffer right now and shes says she would pay

the buffer is a Colman 7 inch rotary buffer sander thing. it only goes to 3000 rpm but i decided it a good one to learn one. I`m good with a pc but i want more.. more power. This will help me get the feel for a buffer (plus i use optimum compound which recommend 1400rpm).
    It looks like a nice little buffer. I hope it works well. now i just need some pads... and a backing plate... I just thought i would share my exciting news

Mike

Edit: I just opened it, it is awesome. It has one of the side handles. It also came with a velcro backing plate. YEAH, as well as it has settings 1-6.. I`m SOOO excited
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New toy-buffer

Sounds like a nice buy but please be very careful, this is NO TOY! You say it ONLY goes to 3000 RPM but that is WAY TOO MUCH SPEED to buff a car with!! Buffing and Polishing is in the range of 1000-1800rpm and not more. When you approach 2000 - 3000 you are sanding, and above that you are grinding. There are designated polishing machines that only go to 1800, and then there are the dewalt high speeds called polisher/sander that go to 3000! Never buff at that speed unless you intend to either have a nice shiny polished aluminum car or you intend to repaint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Edge
    Sounds like a nice buy but please be very careful, this is NO TOY! You say it ONLY goes to 3000 RPM but that is WAY TOO MUCH SPEED to buff a car with!! Buffing and Polishing is in the range of 1000-1800rpm and not more. When you approach 2000 - 3000 you are sanding, and above that you are grinding. There are designated polishing machines that only go to 1800, and then there are the dewalt high speeds called polisher/sander that go to 3000! Never buff at that speed unless you intend to either have a nice shiny polished aluminum car or you intend to repaint.
    Thanks for the heads up. I will be more the carefull. I bought a pc just so i wouldnt mess up the paint untill i had more practice. I wont be doing any major buffing with it for a while. But dont worry i will be more then carefull.

Mike
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some pics. they are not very good. Im no good with a camera but they still give you an idea

06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the new buffer. Hopefully it works out well for you.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Post Thanks / Like

XSCargo? lol

I was thinking about buying one to play with.
    How much does it weigh?

looking forward to your review

+ you can get a Dynablade or w/e its called and make the ultimate DA.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sneek
    XSCargo? lol

I was thinking about buying one to play with.
    How much does it weigh?

looking forward to your review

+ you can get a Dynablade or w/e its called and make the ultimate DA.
    Ya i got it from XScargo. My mom took me, i needed a vacum and with the little carpeting i have it wasnt worth spending alot on a vacum.
    Its heavy i think lol.. it weighs more then a pc but i dont know how it compares to other rottary`s. I just got it to see if i like it. If it becomes my staple (instead of the pc) i will invest in a good one such as a metabo. But for now its somthing that was inexpensive and does the job
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

i know. I went to XSCargo 3 weeks ago and everything sooo cheap. $2.00 for Prestone car wash (64oz). I went to get myself a bluetooth headset for my PEBL, and it was dirt cheap! Too bad is really really far out of my way...probably good for my wallet though.

I saw that there and I lifted the box, and I am fairly certain that it is under 8 pounds. Just out of curiosity did you get the extended warranty? Several people I PMed on Autopia told me they had some issues with the machine not starting properly.

I used to have the porter cable rotary to play with but it got run over . I am STILL debating between the Metabo or Makita. The metabo is quite a bit more expensive at 309, the dewalt and makita in the mid 200s and the PC 7428 is available from 100-200.

let me know how it goes. I am really tempted to just go out and buy one right now!

Post Thanks / Like

i know. I went to XSCargo 3 weeks ago and everything sooo cheap. $2.00 for Prestone car wash (64oz). I went to get myself a bluetooth headset for my PEBL, and it was dirt cheap! Too bad is really really far out of my way...probably good for my wallet though.

I saw that there and I lifted the box, and I am fairly certain that it is under 8 pounds. Just out of curiosity did you get the extended warranty? Several people I PMed on Autopia told me they had some issues with the machine not starting properly.

I used to have the porter cable rotary to play with but it got run over . I am STILL debating between the Metabo or Makita. The metabo is quite a bit more expensive at 309, the dewalt and makita in the mid 200s and the PC 7428 is available from 100-200.

let me know how it goes. I am really tempted to just go out and buy one right now!
    I did not get the extended warranty. If it breaks it breaks. Just gives me an excuse to buy a new one. .

I`m sorry to hear about your buffer, did you run it over?

I will let you know how it goes.. and i know a guy on another forum called and reserved one and there where only 2 left so if you want one go now lol
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

nah,there are hundreds left...I can wait for you review

Post Thanks / Like

nah,there are hundreds left...I can wait for you review
    fair enough. there where only 2 on the shelf. you just never know at a place like that.

So i take it i will be doinga review then. Perhaps i should starts a lsot of what ppl want to see lol.

I will eventually do a review. It wont be this weekend as im booked with a taekwon-do semminar (we have the son of the founder)... im on lunch so its back to work

Mike
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryDetail
    Perhaps i should starts a lsot of what ppl want to see lol.
    Que?
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by audiboy
    Que?
    lol ya sorry that was supposed to be a list.

it looks like this so far

1. New buffer
    2.zymol concours (i know i still haven`t used it)
    3.?
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

I think it was supposed to read
    "Perhaps I should start as a lot of what ppl want to see lol."

Thread Information