Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Edge 2000 waffle -vs- regular Edge 2000 Pads

Just curious as to what people prefer, Edge 2000 waffle or Edge 2000 Regular? (and also why)

Not worried about which color just curious if the waffle style is preferred or not. I saw a few posts in some past threads but they seemed to be when the pads first came out and now that the waffle has been around awhile I figured I would ask. Thanks for the input.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Edge 2000 waffle -vs- regular Edge 2000 Pads

For me the Wave pads are my go to pad. They`re easy to clean, easy to use, and applications are a breeze with them. I`ll never use anything else.

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great thread! I`ve only used the flat pads. So, I`m very curious if anyone has used both types and which they prefer and why. Maybe adding a poll to this thread might be useful too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyc
    Great thread! I`ve only used the flat pads. So, I`m very curious if anyone has used both types and which they prefer and why. Maybe adding a poll to this thread might be useful too.
    I own both types in the same colors.

The wave for me is the better of the 2. I seem to get better results with less effort with them. Could just be that my techinque is improving, but either way I don`t care. I`m a wave kinda guy... haha :smile

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zilla
    I own both types in the same colors.

The wave for me is the better of the 2. I seem to get better results with less effort with them. Could just be that my techinque is improving, but either way I don`t care. I`m a wave kinda guy... haha :smile
    What do you mean by "better results?" Do you feel the wave pads do paint correction faster? Or are you saying you feel the paint comes out shinier with the wave pads?

Also, have you used them on various cars or all on the same car?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyc
    What do you mean by "better results?" Do you feel the wave pads do paint correction faster? Or are you saying you feel the paint comes out shinier with the wave pads?

Also, have you used them on various cars or all on the same car?

I`ve used them on quite a few different cars in varying conditions (from pampered... read my previous car) to neglected (read...customers cars). They work better for me because I seem to get better results faster with them. Again, it`s completely and subjective opinion... I don`t get as much slinging with them (though it`s not like I got alot previously) they clean up easier imo, and are easier to manipulate on uneven surfaces.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

... they clean up easier imo, ...
    What are you using to clean the pads and does the multi-surfaced face require hand kneading to get the entire pad clean?

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used them on quite a few different cars in varying conditions (from pampered... read my previous car) to neglected (read...customers cars). They work better for me because I seem to get better results faster with them. Again, it`s completely and subjective opinion... I don`t get as much slinging with them (though it`s not like I got alot previously) they clean up easier imo, and are easier to manipulate on uneven surfaces.
    Cool! Thanks for the info.

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I lost my post somehow. Hmmm.

Anyway. I prefer the wavey ones. I find they are a smoother ride across the surface--especially horizontal panels. They are what I reach for first.
    Brenton Dickieson

Post Thanks / Like

If people who post to this thread could note whether they use the pads with a rotary or a PC or both, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a rotary, and love the waves, articular the green & blue ones.
    brenton
    Brenton Dickieson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean
    What are you using to clean the pads and does the multi-surfaced face require hand kneading to get the entire pad clean?
    I just use a bucket of warm water with a touch of soap in it. Let them soak for a while. I never have to knead them, cept to remove EX-P. I`m probably applying too much or something, but it`s only thing that doesn`t come out easily without any kneading.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Zilla. In reading your response I see that you are using it certainly for applying your LSPs. How do you find the performance (vs the flat faced pads) when polishing? I understand that the design reduces product sling, but what about getting the product to the paint surface? It would seem that additional pressure would be needed to get the product which is in the "pockets" down to the surface.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean
    Thanks Zilla. In reading your response I see that you are using it certainly for applying your LSPs. How do you find the performance (vs the flat faced pads) when polishing? I understand that the design reduces product sling, but what about getting the product to the paint surface? It would seem that additional pressure would be needed to get the product which is in the "pockets" down to the surface.

Excellent question. Btw, I use a PC for polishing. Haven`t stepped up to a rotary just yet. I was curious about how that would work out as well, and I`m not sure if it`s even necessary to do but when I apply the product to my pad I squirt a small amount onto each point on the pad. That way when I tap the product (and then spread) out onto my car, it doesn`t really get forced up into the pockets`s so to speak. So it`s not an issue for me. Your mileage may vary naturally.

...Dreaming on an E92.... LikeaRock's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have both the wave and flat pads and I prefer the flat over wave any day. My green and yellow wave pads look brand new still. I`ve had great results using the blue wave pad for finishing but I can get the job faster and get a more consistent final polish with the flat pad.
    "Lifes too short to live in caution"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information