Thread: One Steps

Post Thanks / Like

One Steps

Anyone use the AIO P&S Playmaker or Xtreme Solutions LVR 403.? I would like to know how it compares to HD Speed in cut, ease of use and durability. I have been out of the detailing business for several years now and am just starting back up again. For many years my Go To AIO was HD Speed and I always liked its ease of use and the way it finished but was just wondering if there was another product that you guys prefer over the Speed. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Steps

I was once a huge fan of AIOs but they`re dead to me now. A good single stage polish and a ceramic spray on are the way to go. Better results and less time. Polish, wipe off most of the dust and then hit with the ceramic like its a detailing spray.
    Likes CleanIt, JVD liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Dan. If your going to machine polish a car just as well to get a good 1 step polish and a decent spray sealant. Better correction and more durable protection. Win/win.
    Likes CleanIt, Desertnate liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    I agree with Dan. If your going to machine polish a car just as well to get a good 1 step polish and a decent spray sealant. Better correction and more durable protection. Win/win.

Yup, all my AIOs sit unused now. I gravitate to a one step then spray on protection or full ceramic coat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    That’s very logical.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack- Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado- Summit White
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- Silver
    Likes noorth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The only time I would use an AIO is if I was preparing a car for sale and I didn`t really care about the protection lasting.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Likes 981 Cayman S liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used LVR403, but not as a one step. I used it for it`s filling capabilities, and when it cured, as a base for Dr Beasleys LS-10.....a combination I`ve really come to like. As far as one steps go, I still have a few on the shelf, namely Rupes Uno Protect, BF One step, and Megs D166. Of them I like Uno Protect the best.....but as Atbalfour, I only used it when longevity is not concern.

btw - check your PMs

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought Scholls S2 Black but have not used it. I like one step that don’t have protection built in. I bought it over 3D one and Scholls S20 black based off it was the heaviest cutting one step.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    I just bought Scholls S2 Black but have not used it. I like one step that don’t have protection built in. I bought it over 3D one and Scholls S20 black based off it was the heaviest cutting one step.
    The last cut is another strong 1 step on most paints people say. Just a FYI.

Also even from the manufacturer themselves and i read a few people had success using capro`s ultracut with a polishing pad for a 1 step! The next time i do a 1-step i will be picking it up i`m pretty sure. But right now, a light finishing polish would take care of my car.

"CARPRO ULTRACUT IS ONE OF THE MOST VERSATILE CUTTING COMPOUNDS YOU`LL EVER USE, SUITABLE FOR ALL DEFECT REMOVAL. YOU CAN ALTER ITS CUTTING ABILITY BY VARIATIONS IN YOUR PAD CHOICE AND HAND MOVEMENT.

UltraCut contains a cocktail of fully diminishing abrasives, which correct heavy defects, while producing minimal hazing. Combine it with the CARPRO cutting pads (wool, flash, cool) or microfibres for extremely effective and efficient defect removal. Drop down to CARPRO orange polishing pad and you can finish down hologram-free even on the most sensitive paints.

Ultracut is a perfect solution for rotary or DA polishing with extremely low dusting and a lubricant that allows the abrasives to be fully worked over extended periods. This allows total breakdown with less marring and holograms"

Post Thanks / Like

Used UltraCut at the weekend - one step correction with a Rupes Course wool pad on extremely hard, scratched paint where I was short on time and the paint was a light colour. Worked an absolute treat in those specific circumstances. Little to no dusting and a really nice wipe off, like most CarPro polishes. It`s a real pity that Reflect and Fixer are rank average as the products either side (Essence and Ultra Cut) are very good.

BUT used on anything but hard paint, S2 Black and UltraCut do not finish out with the gloss levels as S20.. On medium to soft paint, even the most skilled detailer will struggle to avoid haze from a one step. If you`re buying one product, S20 is the one. Trust me on that lol.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Likes noorth liked this post
    Thanks noorth thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe i`ll buy both. lol

S20 is marketed for someone like me perfectly, really. 1 step with impressive cut. For instance 3D One`s marketing suggestions using 2 different pads. Its not marketed has a 1 step specifically.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there is a place for some AIO`s. I`ve used the Mothers CMX polish and coat with a Griots fast finishing MF pad. Seemed to work pretty good. It also serves as a base for a ceramic top coat. I`m sure ZAIO and KAIO and a few others would work that way as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Buck22:
    You asked the same question I had about which One-Step or All-In-One product to use. There seems to be some confusion between a Cleaner Wax and an All-In-One and the grey-area about their overlapping cleaning and protecting abilities. I think the general consensus is, in layman`s terms, is that Cleaner Waxes use chemical, while All-in-One`s use abrasives for cleaning and minor polishing. BUT that is not the case with Klasse All-In-One, which uses chemicals for its cleaners, hence, the confusion with the names.
    I will defer to the thread I started on this very topic, and you can make your own value judgments about which AIO/Cleaner products you may choose to use:
    Suggestions for an One-Step Wax/Cleaner Wax

I will say this: I use Turtle Wax`s Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Polish and Wax first , followed by their Ceramic Spray Coating because it was cheap (like me!) and available over-the-counter at Walmart. It`s an `inexpensive" one-two "modern" way to polish and protect a vehicle, especially if you have a Porter-Cable Dual Action Orbital buffing machine or Griot`s Garage G9 buffer to use, rather than trying to do the polishing step by hand.
    That said, I think many Autopians would suggest "stepping up" to Blackfire`s One-Step followed by their SiO2 Sealant Spray as THE way to go if you want a "modern" one-two way to polish and protect in an easy-to-use product format.

One caveat about spray coatings: they are a "fake" coating compared to a true coating and while are touted as "coat like a Pro", they offer neither the protection or longevity of a true coating. In this case, you get what you pay for and these spray coating are grossly over-hyped and marketed by their manufacturers. But, as stated, they are "inexpensive" and easy-to-use, hence, their appeal for the hobbyist or do-it-yourselfer detailer/car-care person
    GB detailer

Thread Information